The Software Failed to Load... Corrupt?!?!?!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Corpse555

The Software Failed to Load... Corrupt?!?!?!

Post by Corpse555 »

Yeah so 3 DAYS IN A ROW!!! and all the music that's being recorded on each master file (.mx4) is giving me that message.. that It may be corrupted.. Yes I still have all the master files.. however, I have to keep putting the tracks back together again.... AND!!! after I did that today (3 hours) I saved, and re-opened and got the same exact message. Also... This seems to be happening on 2 different computers. This is slowing down our client's recording process, costing us money (because the client is paying, and we have to now repaste everythign together for free), we are falling behind schedule and this problem seems to have come from upgrading to this new 4.2 update or whatever it is.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THESE STUPID ISSUES?

I'm guessing if anyone is, it's a problem or bug in the system itself. If this doesn't get fixed and we have to keep losing out on time, finances and productivity, we are getting rid of this program, moving to another and not recomending this program to any other band, company and engineer we're associated with.
ro1000

Post by ro1000 »

Are you opening the same file from the same computer?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you run an error check on your hard drive like I suggested in your support ticket?

Most people are not having this issue. There's something different going on here.

Greg
Corpse555

Post by Corpse555 »

I tried error checking the hard drive, scanned, same results at the end.

I opened the files from the same computer and from another computer, same problems. I saved 2 copies of the file, one on my external along with all the session tracks and one on my regular hard drive - again with all the session tracks. Same problem. Also, when i was redoing another file on the 2nd computer (not the main one that was recorded in), that one as well gave me the same exact corruption message.

Something seems to corrupt the file in the saving process, because while it's recording and everything else it runs fine.
ro1000

Post by ro1000 »

Were you using the same external drive for the second computer, or a completly different seperate drive?
Corpse555

Post by Corpse555 »

External drive for the 2nd computer