MIDI only working well with one track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

homemadehitshow

MIDI only working well with one track

Post by homemadehitshow »

Hi guys, I am experienced with recording. I'm a user of Acid and sometimes of Reaper but I love the ease of use of mixcraft.

However I am finding that as soon as I add a second soft synth track the sounds is breaking up, popping clicking etc. In Reaper or Acid I can run 6 or 7 soft synths with no significant issues but Mixcraft is allowing only 1 or 2.

I use a Toneport UX2 as sound card and I have set all the ASIO settings, even setting the latency etc. much higher than I do for other packages.

I'd love to use Mixcraft but right now this is really holding me back.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
www.homemadehitshow.com

The best home songwriting podcast IN THE WORLD
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does increasing the latency setting help reduce the problem, or conversely, does decreasing it make it worse?

Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us your Mixcraft-log.txt file.

Greg
homemadehitshow

Post by homemadehitshow »

Hi there, thanks for answering but in the end I consistently ran into crackling and crashing and decided to try Reaper where I'm not having these issues. I don't have these problems with Acid either.

Thanks for the help, you have a great product but it's just not right for me now. I would highly recommend it to a beginner or someone who wants the software out of the way of the creative process.
www.homemadehitshow.com

The best home songwriting podcast IN THE WORLD