Problem using Digitech RP250

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tbastian

Problem using Digitech RP250

Post by tbastian »

I am using the Rp250 USB w/ ASIO and when I am recording the guitar turns to nothing but a static after about 30 seconds or a minute. Is there a setting in Mixcraft I can adjust to be able to record again?

This issue started about a month ago and it seems to only get worse. I am running on a dual core machine with 3 gigs of RAM and all unnecessary programs turned off.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 4.2 build 104? If you go into Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences, click Open Mixer and increase the latency setting, does that help?

Greg
tbastian

Post by tbastian »

I am actually using Mixcraft 3. I have tried changing the RP latecny from either as short as possible or as long as possible without any improvement. Digitech said I needed to change the sampling rate on Mixcraft. In their forums there are other people whom have had the same issue
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

Hi tbastain,
I've been using the RP 250 with Mixcraft 3 for over a year now but I go from the RP-250 out Jack to the line in jack of my computer.

The only time that I plug into the usb is for tweaking amp models and such using the x-edit 2 software from digitech.

I have noticed that mixcraft will not arm a track for recording while I have my pedal pluged in via usb.

This has never been a problem for me because I have no reason to use the usb while I record with the pedal.

I don't know if this helps you any but I thought it may be relevant.

J
tbastian

Post by tbastian »

Thanks for the reply. I finally got it fixed using ASIO4ALL. Although I had to do some tweaking with it to get it to work.

I don't like plugging in direct to the sound card since it makes it sound thin. Even ASIO4ALL makes the tone different than it was before but I will have to just change the tonal settings to compensate for it.

The 250 is a great little unit and easy to use so I am glad I got some resolution to the issue.