how to reapir/re record parts of a recorded track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Vincent

how to reapir/re record parts of a recorded track

Post by Vincent »

I recorded a guitar track...track sounds good except there is a click/pop noise in one part.

Do i need to re record whole track or is there a way to remove that one part and record over it again

I was thinking I could just record right over the click/pop part with new guitar without removing pop...the new recording would drown out noise i think.

Im not sure what is causing the noise...could be the interface is getting bad...maybe its the guitar and perhaps needs some repair where you plug cable into guitar...could be a bad patch cord...not sure where the click is coming from however its been happening a bit to me lately and Im thinking it may be the guitar and it may need some repair.

Im using Amp and effect sims as well and perhaps that is the source of clicks and pops.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

it's hard to say what caused the pop, but between all the cables, wiring and using simulation software, you have a lot of possibilities.
Trying to cover up the noise is not a good option, it is best to record it again. If you record on another track and just do the part that has the noise, you could "cut" out the noise from the original track and drag/drop the new one into place.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Ok thanks...Im going re record that one small part on a different track and drag and drop on the old track.

I also have good spots in original track that repeat the same chord progression and there isnt a click or pop so maybe i can take a piece from there and added to the click/pop part to cover it up.

Thanks
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

As long as the song is the exact same tempo all the way through, yes you could take a piece of the riff from somewhere else in the song.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Thanks for the help.

I have another question...how do you cut out piece of recorded track...Not sure how to do that.