offsetting sounds

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

karmeom

offsetting sounds

Post by karmeom »

greetings. when i try to offset the timing of a sound (eg. to compensate for latency differences between tracks) in mixcraft 4.5, i can only increment the lowest weight integer (milliseconds) as high as 1. when i try to increment above that, the sound just stays at 1 ms offset. the second and minute adjustments work fine, but the millisecond adjustment only offsets the sound up to 1ms, instead of 999ms (or whatever you put there) like it says on the display. anybody experience this/have a solution? thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using version 4.5 build 116? If not, try updating.

Greg
karmeom

Post by karmeom »

yes, i'm using 4.5 build 116
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When I try it, it seems to work fine. Maybe I don't understand the problem. As I increase the milliseconds, the sound moves over, then it reaches 999 and flips over to 1 second. The sound seems to be moving properly.

What happens if you just type in a value there? You can type in a number between 1 and 999 and press enter.

Also, it's not the snap settings, because I tried it with 1/8 note snap on and it still worked.

Greg
karmeom

Post by karmeom »

yeah, i think you understand my problem. my sound stops moving after i input greater than 1 ms in the display. after i click the arrow or type in above one, the display increments but the sound does not move beyond the first ms. thanks again.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So you enter a number, press enter, and the number stays there, but the sound doesn't move? Are you zoomed all the way in so you can see tiny movements?

Greg
karmeom

Post by karmeom »

that's right. and yes, i can see when/if it moves. the display changes, but no matter the number, the sound does not move beyond one millisecond until you reach one second, then it moves one second...etc...
karmeom

Post by karmeom »

well, i reinstalled mixcraft and now it seems to be working o.k. thank you so much for helping me look at this problem. i appreciate your assistance!