Mixcraft + EZDrummer = Clipped loops?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

submersed

Mixcraft + EZDrummer = Clipped loops?

Post by submersed »

Hi, I'm using the EZdrummer VSTi with Mixcraft, and I'm using the built in 'grooves' as drum loops for my project. I'm having an issue with timing, however.

In mixcraft, the loops play back perfectly fine, however, when I mix down the project to MP3, at the end of each drum loop (specifically fills) you can hear an out of place sort of...'skip', it's almost like it's clipping it for a very very small amount of time, but it's highly noticeable. i'd almost say it's a sort of click noise, but that's not accurate. You just hear a small jump after each loop basically. It's most noticeable after the fills.

What could cause my mix downs to be glitchy / skipping on the drum loop track, but be perfectly fine when playing the project back in mixcraft? I readjusted the tempo to 150 from 120, however I don't see how that would have anything to do with it. I'm using the Drumkit from hell expansion.

Thanks for any help.
submersed

Post by submersed »

I've uploaded an MP3 of the project I'm talking about, ignore the crappy playing please, it's my first attempt at an actual project involving music lol.

Just want to know why the drum loops sound like that :(

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kk5jkfnmm2t
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm not really noticing the problem. At what times in the recording does the glitch appear?

Greg
DrDoog

Post by DrDoog »

it sounds as if your sound files are stopping, so that they're not really woven together well. I think the problem is simply your loops.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

I hear it. It sounds like the sounds from one midi clip are suddenly cut off when a new clip starts. Like the ring out of the cymbals simply stops. With loops this can happen fairly easily, but with EZD it's a midi note triggering the instrument. Something is choking the cymbals or other sounds as a midi clip ends.

I use EZD and could not duplicate the problem. Are you dragging and dropping existing EZD library clips onto the timeline?
*Vibrant Audio*
teljax

Post by teljax »

Like VA I also use EZD and couldn't recreate your problem.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Please make sure you're using the newest version of Mixcraft. You can download the latest build at www.acoustica.com/mixcraft.

Thanks,
Dan