Cannot convert

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

vazans

Post by vazans »

Thank you Greg for the attempt at helping me and many others who are using Windows x64 operating systems and are experiencing that Audio Converter Pro does not function on such a system.

I tried your work-a-round. It successfully added Audio Converter Pro to my right click menu but when I select a file to be converted to MP3 (or any other supported format) nothing happens.

My OS is Vista Ultimate x64.

Has anyone else tried this work-a-round with any success?

Please share your experiences.

Thank you.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you're using the latest version of Audio Converter Pro, which is v1.1 build 2.5 as of this writing.

What kind of file are you trying to convert? Try converting a different audio format (if you are converting WMA, for example, try WAV). Does that work?

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

The version of Audio Converter Pro I am using was downloaded from your site just yesterday version 1.1b25.

I have tried to convert CDA to MP3, MP3 to WAV, and WMA to MP3. None of my attempts were fruitful.

I copied and pasted in the desktop shortcut the info that you gave in your link. I will now TYPE it in to see if that makes a difference. If it does I will immediately make a post here to that effect.

Evidently you have tested this work-a-round, and for you, its working. By the way I am using Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 (is the machine on which you are testing this SP2?)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you say you are converting a CDA file, is it still on an audio disc? In other words, are you right-clicking on a track in your CD/DVD drive?

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

All of the files that I am trying to convert has been copied from a cd to my hard drive, mostly by using Windows Media Player.

Via Windows Media Player the music files were converted from CDA or MP3 to WMA. These formats are supported by Audio Converter Pro.

By the way, I tried typing the information below into the shortcut on my desktop but I kept getting an error message that the path was not correct so I copied it from your webpage and pasted it in.

I noticed that you use forward slashes (\) in all parts of the path but the last part where you use a backward slash (/).

Audio Converter Pro is now in my right click menu but its just that when I click on a music file, irregardless of the supported format, nothing happens.

%Systemroot%\SysWOW64\explorer.exe /separate
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Hmm, there's no reason it shouldn't convert supported files. Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us one of the files that you can't convert.

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

I will comply with your request. However I find it rather strange that such a simple solution to the problem encountered by so many of your customers who are now using Windows x64 bit OS's was not given earlier.

There is nothing peculiar or unusual about the files that I am attempting to convert. Under a 32 bit Windows OS conversion would have been done speedily and efficiently.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, send us the file and we'll check it out. The only problem with 64-bit Windows is that the right-click options don't show up. You should still be able to convert files.

The FAQ entry on this problem was posted back in May.

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

I complied to your request the same day of your post (see above) to send you a sample of the audio files that I tried unsuccessfully to convert using Audio Converter Pro.

However, to date I have not received an acknowledgement of their being received nor an answer as to what the problem is. I also included in my upload of audio files a copy of the "shortcut work-a-round" so that you could see that I had correctly typed the info that you listed here.

Would you please check this matter out for me and tell me why the delay?

Thanks a million.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't find any emails from you on your current email address except for one on a different subject. Did you submit a support request? Can you please send the file again?

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,
I have again submitted an online request for support, uploading several of the audio files that I unsucessfully tried to convert using the "solution" that you gave in your previous forum post. I even uploaded the shortcut on my desktop so that you can see that I have copied it correctly. Please remember that even though Audio Converter Pro does appear in my right click menu it is NOT functioning. I click for a conversion, say from MP3 to WAV and nothing happens.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I still haven't received your support request. Are you using the same email you use for these user forums? Did you send it again? How large are the files you're trying to upload? Try submitting a support request with no files attached and I'll see if I get it.

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

I am certain that I have succeeded in sending you AN audio file. I have received an automated email response with the ticket ID 109664.

I sent an MP3 file. Remember, Audio Converter Pro does appear in the right menu when I use the shortcut with the path you listed here. The problem is when I select an audio file in the format supported by Audio Converter Pro nothing happens.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We got it that time. Thank you!

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

I have tried using the shortcut that you attached with your email. Thank you for sending it. However it did not solve the problem. Yes, Audio Converter Pro does appear in the right click menu but when I select an audio file, right click on it and select which format I want to convert it to nothing happens. Usually Audio Converter PRo will appear, "does it thing", and I hear a train sound letting me know that conversion has taken place. There MUST be a reason that its not working on my pc but well on yours. Please help me. I have lots of files that I would like to convert.

Thank you.