Cannot convert

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

I turned off my anti-virus to see if that had a positive effect on Audio Converter Pro but it did not help any.

I noticed two things since last posting here. ONe, I have no C:/Converted Audio Files Folder; this is of no consequence to me since I prefer using My Documents but since I am looking for ANYTHING that might help find a solution I just thought to tell you. Two, I was wondering on what Windows x64 bit OS are you doing your test? I am using Vista Ultimate.

Can you think of any reason why its working for you and NOT for me? I am not running any software that I know that would conflict with the Converter. As a matter of fact I have a very streamlined pc. I run only the essentials.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It doesn't have anything to do with the version of Windows, once you've got the right-click menu available in that 32-bit Windows explorer screen.

You can set the converted files folder to anything you want in options. Did you change that setting?

The file you sent me was a WMA file. Are you able to convert other file types, like MP3 or Wav?

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

I have not been able to convert anything. There is absolutely NO response to my clicking on any of the options listed in the right click menu.

I haven't a clue as to why this is. I am willing to try any suggestions you might have.

Thank you.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I need more information before I can make any suggestions.

You can set the converted files folder to anything you want in options. Did you change that setting?

The file you sent me was a WMA file. Are you able to convert other file types, like MP3 or Wav?

Please try converting something and then send us the converter-log.txt file from your Audio Converter Pro folder.

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Since I did not have a C:/Converted Audio Files Folder I just made a new folder in My Documents and am using that instead but its empty because I cannot convert any audio files, WMA, MP3, you name it.

I have searched the Acoustica Audio Converter Pro folder located in Program Files (x86) but could not file a converter-log.txt file. The only document file is one called INSTALL. Is that the one you mean?
vazans

Post by vazans »

I just sent you two document files.

My tickets id are 109838 and 109840.

Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Windows Vista has a security feature that can hide files from you. When you go to C:\Program Files\Acoustica Audio Converter Pro\, click the "Compatibility Files" option.

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

I don't have the Compatibility Files option as you illustrate on your attachment. At the moment I am googling to find some info about this Compatiblity Files feature but there is a lot of info out there and at the time of this writing I am trying to swim my way thru it.

Can you help me in this?
vazans

Post by vazans »

I found this helpful bit of info regarding Compatibility Files:

Note that the Compatibility Files button will only appear when there is a virtualized version of a file related to the current directory. Once pressed, the user will be taken to the virtual store location to view all redirected files.

Acoustica Audio Converter Pro appears in my C:/Program Files (x86) folder and when I click on the Acoustica folder the Compatiblity Files button does NOT appear.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That may mean that the converter-log.txt file is not being created in the first place.

If you drag and drop an audio file onto Audio Converter Pro's icon, is a wave file created?

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Wow Greg!!

I just copied two wma audio files to my desktop, dragged them to the Audio Converter Pro icon and they both were converted to mp3 files.

I don't understand. Why is this method working? Why aren't audio files converted when I use the shortcut that you suggested earlier? Also Greg, how can I convert more than one audio file at a time? Ideally I would like to convert an entire map?

Thanks a million!! :D
vazans

Post by vazans »

UPDATE:

In my excitement I made a mistake. The wma files were NOT converted to the mp3 format. They were converted to the wav format. Dragging and dropping does NOT give me an option of choosing which format I want to convert to.

I have clicked the Options tab in Audio Converter Pro but I see no way of changing the settings. These settings can only be accessed via the right click menu. Correct? And, like I said before, Audio Converter Pro does NOT appear in the right click menu UNLESS I use the shortcut and when I use the shortcut nothing happens (I am not able to convert any type audio file format).
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Dragging and dropping files onto the icon only creates wave files. I just wanted to see if you could convert anything at all. What folder did the wave files show up in?

When you right-click on a file, you are seeing the "Convert..." options, correct? When you select an option, what happens, exactly? Does a screen pop up, even momentarily?

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

The wav files created by dragging and dropping audio files into the Audio Converter Pro icon are being stored in the folder that I designated in My Documents.

When I use the shortcut that you sent me I do see the various options of converting an audio file in the right click menu but when I choose one of them NOTHING happens. Meaning, I do not see the usual screen that pops up showing a conversion taking place. I don't see it even momentarily.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have Audio Converter Pro's options window open? If so, close it and see if that fixes the problem.

Greg