Missing feature in M5

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Would you like a Text-track in M5?

Yes, that would be great.
100%
No, don't need it.
No votes

Total votes: 8

otroyl

Missing feature in M5

Post by otroyl »

So far I think the software is brilliant!

Only missing one thing: there should be a TEXT-TRACK

First of all, this would be great for when I've written a song and want to print the melody in standardnotation, then write the lyrics underneath the notes. This makes the song easier to learn and is pretty standard when printing sheet music..

Second of all, one could use the text track to add text in the videotrack. This way one could make subtitles or titlescreens for the video.

This would make my job as a 7. grade teacher in Norway a lot easier. I like to show small videoclips from utube etc in my lessons the only problem is that most clips are in english and a lot of my pupils at this level don't understand sufficient enough english to understand every thing. With a text track I could create subtitles and end of problem...

I don't know if anyone else sees this handy?
EL34

Post by EL34 »

I have long thought that it would be nice to have a text track so I could add song lyrics, notes or chord names, whatever.
botface

Post by botface »

Yes, I've often thought it would be handy to be able to keep notes against each track - EG when & where recorded, which mic used etc. Another use would be when "developing" a tune. Some of mine evolve over a period of time and it would be handy to leave notes for myself for later on when I come back and revisit a tune
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

It would be nice to have a 'notes' or 'comments' button on every track to allow free form notes for lyrics, tracking notes, etc...not just one!
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Thanks for the suggestions!

Something that you can do right now is to change the names of the tracks. Just double-click on "Audio Track" or "Instrument Track" to the left of a track to give it a meaningful name, like "2nd backup vocal" or whatever.

You can also add titles to track markers.

These things don't replace the features that are being requested, but I'm guessing some people might find them useful.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Yes, those items are handy and I use both those items.

The cool thing about having just a text track is that you could position the lyrics right over the exact spot the chord changes or have chord names right over the spot that the chord should change, or a note like this
"Step on the chorus pedal now"

The text track could snap to the grid or you should be able to turn the snap-to off and slide your text around anywhere you like, just like an audio track.

Just throwing out ideas.

Thanks Greg