Send Volume Types (Pre & Post)

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Sungodv

Send Volume Types (Pre & Post)

Post by Sungodv »

Anybody figure out how to set the send track volume type to Pre or Post?
It's not very clear in the 'Help file".
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
Vibrant Audio

Re: Send Volume Types (Pre & Post)

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Sungodv wrote:Anybody figure out how to set the send track volume type to Pre or Post?
It's not very clear in the 'Help file".
I agree that it's not clear. There is no instruction on how to get to the setting. This is from the help file:

Send Volume Type

This determines if the track's audio is sent before or after it's own track's volume automation/adjustment is applied.

Pre Volume Adjustment - The track's audio is sent to the Send Track before applying its own volume adjustments.
Post Volume Adjustment - The track's audio is sent to the Send Track after applying its own volume adjustments.

Here is how you do it:
1. Create a Send Track.
2. In an Audio or Instrument Track that you want to send to the new Send Track, click on the "Toggle Automation" button.
3. In the Automation Track click on the drop down menu and select "Send Track 1".
4. Right click in the Track Automation Lane and mouse-over Send Volume Type at the type of the pop-up menu.
5. Select Pre Volume Adjustment or Post Volume Adjustment. (Post Volume Adjustment is default).
*Vibrant Audio*
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

Thanks for your, er, vibrant reply! :P
:lol:

Acoustica should add to the help file that it defaults to Post (track fader) ...which is what most people would want I imagine.

Thanks again, VA.
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Help file omissions can count as bugs, too, so file a bug report when you notice things like this.

Keep those bug reports coming!

We really appreciate all your help.

Greg
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

I didn't know that! Will do, Greg.

My Music: