"Showcase your creativity" idea

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

R0ckerb0y

"Showcase your creativity" idea

Post by R0ckerb0y »

I've been obsessing on Beatcraft and Mixcraft since I purchased it two weeks ago and I've come up with a new idea... (Yes, now would be the time to duck and cover.)

I'd like to do a creativity event. I hesitate to call it a "Contest" because there's no winner or loser.

Someone (I could do it, but I bet Eric would enjoy this too, and do a much better job of it.) comes up with a 3-ish minute long song on the drums and uploads the project file or a wave file of it.

Then we (The rest of the musicians or even DJ's can mix their own stuff to it.) come up with a song to go along with the drums and after maybe 3 weeks we all upload and showcase them for all to listen to.

It would be real interesting to see what different people hear when they listen to a raw beat and what people come up with. I bet we'd hear some radically different and cool songs.

Thoughts? Eric, you up for it?

Later,
Jack
EL34

Post by EL34 »

It would be tough cause not everybody is interested in death metal or slightly almost dead but not quite dead metal, shouting at the devil and silly things that have the word blood in them. :twisted:

Just kidding :wink:

Ok, I'm not kidding but you get the point.
I suppose you can have a "death off" amonst the death fans.

Don't take it personal, can I be the judge :?:
R0ckerb0y

Post by R0ckerb0y »

EL34 wrote:It would be tough cause not everybody is interested in death metal or slightly almost dead but not quite dead metal, shouting at the devil and silly things that have the word blood in them. :twisted:

Just kidding :wink:

Ok, I'm not kidding but you get the point.
I suppose you can have a "death off" amonst the death fans.

Don't take it personal, can I be the judge :?:
It could be a polka or a waltz for all I care. ;)
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Hehehe.

How about death surf music?
I can do that.

Ok, you can't be dead and surf, I know.
Wait, maybe if they threw your coffin in at the break point and you had a fin bolted to the coffin.

Wow, there's a song!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I think this sounds like a great idea!!!!

Yeah, I could do the drums in BC.

You might want to post a poll asking what percentage of people would participate and what type of music they would prefer. Multiple choice, like:
Light rock
Blues
Metal
Country
Rap

Then I would know what to do on the drums.