Quick question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Jaymzzb

Quick question

Post by Jaymzzb »

Good morning,

Just a quick one really,
Is it possible to copy a track or several tracks from one project to a different project?
Or a section of a track?

Thanks in advance,
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

At this time that is not possible.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can copy sound clips or parts of sound clips from one project to another. Just select what you want to copy, copy it, then open up the other project and paste.

But you can't copy an entire track with effects and everything from one project to another.

Greg
FirstBassman

Post by FirstBassman »

Acoustica Greg wrote: ... you can't copy an entire track with effects and everything from one project to another.

Greg

:(

In future version . . . ?
Bill Melater

go at it backwards

Post by Bill Melater »

Save the project as another one, then delete what you don't want before adding newly created material. I would also like to be able to drag-drop or even just copy/paste from one open mixcraft to another instead of opening project one, copying whatever segment, closing, opening other project in same mixcraft, paste.
OzRob

Re: Quick question

Post by OzRob »

Jaymzzb wrote:Good morning,

Just a quick one really,
Is it possible to copy a track or several tracks from one project to a different project?
Or a section of a track?

Thanks in advance,
You can do an imperfect workaround. If you've finished working with the track, mix it down to a WAV then add it as a sound in the other project. I do this all the time.

I certainly agree though that the ability to copy a track from one project to another, or to have multiple instances of Mixc. open and copy over would be ideal.