Mixdown ALL MESSED UP in mc5??

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

k_voyce

Mixdown ALL MESSED UP in mc5??

Post by k_voyce »

So, i have been working with mixcraft 5 and one minute i mixdown one project...everything is fine... 5 mins later i open up another project, do a few things to it, highlight a portion i want and mix it down...and everything is out of sync!??! It sounds perfectly fine in the program when i play it, but then i go to mix it down into an mp3 and bam...like each track starts at all diff times and nothing is aligned. I do not understand at all. I closed and re-opened the program...same deal...

What hell is going on!?
k_voyce

Post by k_voyce »

further lookin into it, its just the one project..and some of the tracks r together, and others are not at all... doesnt make any sense... it sounds fine before mixing down...
k_voyce

k...

Post by k_voyce »

so i sorted it out...sort of. I was cuz in the program when i was trackin i was changing the tempo for the metronome to 150, but the project defaults were 120. when i changed the project def. to 150 all was fine.

Now, my question is, if i wanna track with diff speed metronome at diff times during this project, how do i go about this without running into these similar issues....
k_voyce

UGH

Post by k_voyce »

now its back to doing whatever it wants... same issue as the begnining, even tho both the tempo and project default is 150. Somehow i manage bfor to get one correct mixdown...i dont know why its messed up again
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Auto-Tune on any of these tracks? Auto-Tune requires that you mix down to the same sample rate of the original sound file.

If you're not using Auto-Tune, are you using any other third-party effects on these tracks?

Greg
WalktheLine

Post by WalktheLine »

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same problem with Mixcraft 5. All of my tracks have one or two instruments that get behind the beat about 3/4 of the way through the song. This only happens after mixdown, and only with Mixcraft 5. I have tried changing from mp3 to wav file at mixdown, but it makes no difference. If I open the old mx4 file in Mixcraft 4, the problem goes away.

I am using the following third-party effects: Guitar Rig 3, KarmaFX Equalizer, NCL EQ, and Spitfish. I am not using any kind of autotune. Please let me know if I should send you the mx5 file.

On another note, when I bought Mixcraft 5, I was unaware that I could get it for a discounted price if I had already purchased Mixcraft 4. Is it possible to get the price difference as a refund?
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

At least the Mix up wasn't messed down..... :P
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Do you have version 5.1 build 139? If not, try updating to the latest version of Mixcraft.

If that doesn't help, try mixing down to the sample rate at which the sound was recorded. For example, if the sound is a 44100 file, mix down to 44100. This seems to crop up for people who are using WaveRT with a sample rates of 48000 Hz. In that case, mix down to 48000 Hz wave files.

In regard to your other question, please contact customer service: submit an Acoustica Support Request.
WalktheLine wrote:Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same problem with Mixcraft 5. All of my tracks have one or two instruments that get behind the beat about 3/4 of the way through the song. This only happens after mixdown, and only with Mixcraft 5. I have tried changing from mp3 to wav file at mixdown, but it makes no difference. If I open the old mx4 file in Mixcraft 4, the problem goes away.

I am using the following third-party effects: Guitar Rig 3, KarmaFX Equalizer, NCL EQ, and Spitfish. I am not using any kind of autotune. Please let me know if I should send you the mx5 file.

On another note, when I bought Mixcraft 5, I was unaware that I could get it for a discounted price if I had already purchased Mixcraft 4. Is it possible to get the price difference as a refund?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If anyone is having this problem first make sure that you've got version 5.1 build 139, and if that doesn't help, see if you can figure out whether an effect is causing it, and if so, which effect. Turn off the effects on all the tracks and see if the problem goes away. If it does, try adding effects until it comes back and see if you can isolate which effect is causing the problem.

Greg
WalktheLine

Post by WalktheLine »

Changing the sample rate to 48000 fixed the problem since i was using WaveRT. Does it matter if I recorded at 48000 32 bit and mixed to a 48000 24 bit WAV file? I didn't see 32 as an option for mixdown...
moment

Post by moment »

I'm having a similar problem. The mixdown works perfectly fine with Mixcraft 4, but is all messed up in Mixcraft 5. Also caused by plugins. Also can be fixed by mixing down to 48 instead of 44,1.

So, since it works in Mixcraft 4 but not 5, and the problem only occurs during mix down and not during real-time play back, can we conclude that this is a bug in Mixcraft 5 that should be reported and hopefully addressed for a future update?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Is one of the plugins you are using "Anteres Autotune"?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

moment wrote:I'm having a similar problem. The mixdown works perfectly fine with Mixcraft 4, but is all messed up in Mixcraft 5. Also caused by plugins. Also can be fixed by mixing down to 48 instead of 44,1.

So, since it works in Mixcraft 4 but not 5, and the problem only occurs during mix down and not during real-time play back, can we conclude that this is a bug in Mixcraft 5 that should be reported and hopefully addressed for a future update?
If you turn off all the effects in the mix, does the problem go away? Can you isolate which effect is causing the problem?
moment

Post by moment »

not using autotune, just other various 3rd party effects, reverb, delay etc...
moment

Post by moment »

I can confirm that the problem goes away when all effects are turned off, but I need to spend a little bit more time to figure out exactly which effects are causing the problem... i will post when I have done that.