Mixcraft Chain Link Problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Adwianwocks

Mixcraft Chain Link Problem

Post by Adwianwocks »

Hello mixcraft peoples,
I've been using mixcraft ever since 3 came out. I found it to be a simple and easy process for panning, making, eq, and mixing down songs. anyhow i have a dear problem.

Ok the problem is that I can't import anything. when i click the button to add sound it goes to my documents and freezes. i get the "mixcraft not responding" thing on the right hand corner.
The only way i can add sounds is if i drag the manually into mixcraft. anyhow i have no problem with that. but it just gets worst for me. if im starting from scratch it will yet agian go to my documents and freeze up. i have no problem starting from a project that i already have done. my biggest problem is when i try mixing down it yet goes to the my documents part and freezes. its been doing it about 2 weeks so far.

But theres kinda more to it than that.
Anything that has me to import something like upload a file to megaupload freezes and crashes. if i try to use audacity to import it crashes too. sony acid same thing. i tried reinstalling mixcraft, scanning the comp for virsues, and even formatting my computer down to the bone. no dice. any suggestions? i know it HAS TO DO with the folder it imports it in because any other folder if i try to load my other projects won't crash but if i look for my project in my documents it crashes. its been really annoying.

Please help me out mixcraft team!
Adrian
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What version of Windows are you using? What version and build of Mixcraft do you have?

Greg
Adwianwocks

Post by Adwianwocks »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

What version of Windows are you using? What version and build of Mixcraft do you have?

Greg
Im using windows 7. I was using Mixcraft 5 atm then I downgraded to see if the problem persisted. It did
Adwianwocks

anybody here?

Post by Adwianwocks »

anybody here?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try it again, and if it freezes, quit Mixcraft immediately and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Adwianwocks

where is appdata

Post by Adwianwocks »

is it a hidden folder?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, it might be if you have your application data folder hidden. Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 5, and finally Logs. That will pop up the folder with the mixcraft-log.txt file.

Greg
Adwianwocks

how long will a response be?

Post by Adwianwocks »

im just wondering cause i sent a support ticket a few hours ago.

Thnx