LAME

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

R0ckerb0y

Post by R0ckerb0y »

I've heard it will operate as a Midi device and they will start off on just on string with lights on the neck, but it will have an advanced mode that opens all 6 strings for at least 12 frets worth.

The cool thing is, with the Mic and Drum set it is already a world class instructional tool. (I've seen my 18 year old son master the drums on that and it translated quite nicely to a real drum set.)

If they have a real guitar it could replace tablature as an instructional medium.
Bill Melater

Post by Bill Melater »

"Yeah I have noticed that if a person can play an actual guitar, they tend to be pretty bad at guitar hero"

...Just ask Gene Simmons and Kiss, who were destroyed on their own song.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

lol, yes I saw that episode, they got crushed by Nick and his buddies.
R0ckerb0y

Post by R0ckerb0y »

I follow Zakk Wylde on Twitter (damn that sounded gay as hell...) anyway, his son crushed him at Guitar Hero too...
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

:shock: I actually had to put my face down in my hand to keep others from seeing me crack up when I read this.
gigmaster

Post by gigmaster »

I hear ya.. I've had the same trouble with live drummers for decades......(LOL)
In beatcraft I've noticed encoding the same (Unmodified) drum track (As MP3) twice does not yield identical results.

I was thinking maybe it was a LAME thing...

I have played around a bit and found tagless OGG to do it pretty well though, so I'll just go with that.
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

getting different tones when rendering the same thing twice is not normal. If it were, my latest CD would not exist.
I did all 12 tracks on that cd using beatcraft and my Tama samples.
Many many times in the middle of recording guitar or something else, I would decide "I don't like that cymbal hit there", so i would go remove it from the beatcraft project, render the wav file again and replace the one being used in the DAW with the new one.
If it changed sound or tones every time I did that, then beatcraft would have been unusable for the project.