Garage Band Loops

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

VinnySem

Garage Band Loops

Post by VinnySem »

On the features page, third feature bullet down, it states "Works with Acid and Apple Garage Band Loops." How do I import Garage Band loops into Mixcraft? I cannot find any info or documentation on how to do this.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Just like any other audio file, use the "add sound" function. You can do this by right clicking any audio track.
VinnySem

Post by VinnySem »

OK, so Garage Band Loops cannot be imported into the loop library, only added as a sound file to a project?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Correct, no sounds can be added to the loop library by users. You can also drag & drop from any folder on your computer, just like you do with the library, so there's really not much difference.
gigmaster

Post by gigmaster »

Actually, you can add loops to the Loop Library, but it requires re-naming them, and a few other tweaks, so that it's not really worth it. Just use them off of your computer, or removable media.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

It also requires the editing of the loop database file which is quite confusing for most users, which is why I said it's not possible.
I personally did it with one loop just so I knew how to do it, and that alone was a pain, so yes it's much easier to simply add a loop from a folder.