What Is Remove Coals

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

KisserHunnie

What Is Remove Coals

Post by KisserHunnie »

hi there i'm useing Mixcraft 5.1. Build 147... i want to make my own instrumental with my own songs... i was eHow, it a site that tell you step by step this was it say on step #6 Install the program on your hard drive by opening the installation file after it downloads. Add a song to the project with the add song button or something similar. Click on the "remove coals" box and click "Next" to render the song. You can cancel out of the program after that, since that's all you need. You should now have an instrumental version of your song with no vocals.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I am pretty sure that it is a mis-spelling of Remove Vocals (which is what you are trying to do).

Unless I am missing something (which is possible), there isnt a function built into Mixcraft to do this. However there are .vst plugins that would do this for you. For example http://www.paulrharvey.co.uk/elevayta/azuifgeh.htm

Be aware that you will get varying results. Ranging from just about OK to absolutly dire.
sperley

Post by sperley »

If they're your own songs, and you have the multitrack file available, you'd just mute the vocal track. :?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

:idea:
Yes, you don't need to use the remove vocal option if you can simply mute the vocal track and leave the music unmuted.