File Size Changes

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Tommy45

File Size Changes

Post by Tommy45 »

This just started happening so I have to believe I inadvertently changed a setting which I can't find to revert. In copying vinyl to music files using Spin-It-Again, I choose mono if the recording is mono and stereo if the recording is stereo. In adding a song from my music library to my Song List, the file size for a mono file is approximately doubled when the size is shown in the Size column of my Song List.
For example, a mono wav. file is shown to be 12.5 MB in my Music Library.
However, when this song is added to my Song List, the Size shown is 25.03 MB. Is the recording itself changing also? That I do not want.
In the past, the Size in my Song List would have been 12.5MB. What do I have to do so that the Size in my Song List matches the size of the same file in my Music Library?

Thanks In Advance To Those Who Reply
Tommy
I made my first compilation CD from a combination of 45s and CD tracks. I set a separate recording level for each 45 and CD track.
Am I better off setting the recording level with the first recording and use that level for the rest of the recordings?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi

I cannot help on your file size problem. Other than to tell you to ask yourself; does it sound right?

However, on digitizing single songs, I would continue to correct the volume on each of them. The alternative would be to change [increase or decrease] the percentage [%] of the input volume allowed as you are editing each song. I have found that this is a bit cumbersome and not as accurate as correcting each songs volume via the SIA "Level Wizzard"

Hope that this helps

Don
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
I took a look at, and experimented with, your file size problem. It appears that SIA in a Mono setting makes a single sound stream to be used in Mono applications. If you use it in a stereo system; i.e. Windows Media Player; the player automatically duplicates the sound stream so that both left and right channels have a copy of the same stream, duplicating the size of the total file.

Hope that this helps

Don