transcient loudness audible but not always visible

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Billkruse

transcient loudness audible but not always visible

Post by Billkruse »

I put a drum track together in Beatcraft. It's all ok level-wise, no red lining. I render it and add sound into Mixcraft. There's a LOUD bass drum beat seven patterns into the track into the track.

"bump bump, bump BUMP!!! bump bump" it goes. You get my meaning. Just that one beat. The beats either side are fine. Same pattern front and back. Just that one beat. Now, when I play the track back in Beatcraft before I render it, that BUMP!!! isn't there, it's just a normal bump. When I play the rendered track back in Mixcraft, the levels momentarily shoot off the scale for that one BUMP!!!. Oddly, when I play it in Winamp, I can hear the BUMP!!! but it doesn't show on the little Winamp levels monitor.
I tried taking out that pattern and then re-inserting it again in Beatcraft, it plays fine, like it did before. I render it, and the BUMP!!! is there again.
What to do? I have to address this before I can start going on with the rest of the track:-(

BB
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

First, make sure you've got version 1.02 build 19. You can download Acoustica Beatcraft v1.02 build 19 here.

If that doesn't fix the problem, email us the Beatcraft project file and we'll check it out. Email it to support (at) acoustica (dot) com and remind us of this discussion.

Greg
Billkruse

Post by Billkruse »

OK, I do have the latest Beatcraft and I just tried to send the file and my mail server may, I repeat may, have rejected the attachment. If it did, let me know and I'll try to set up an ftp site you can get it from.

BB
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't see your email yet.

The beatcraft project file shouldn't be very large, and it ends in ".bcproj".

Greg
Billkruse

Post by Billkruse »

Ah! I was sending the rendered wav file - DOH!

I'll, er... try again! Watch out for it please.

BB