m3u list not recognized

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

critter0107

m3u list not recognized

Post by critter0107 »

Hi, I have a Sansa Clip+ player and I tried making a songlist and saving it as m3u onto my player but it just shows up as empty on the player. If I try doing the same thing with Media Player it works fine so I know its not the Clip+. The m3u file created by the CD Burner program opens fine in the CD Burner program as well as Media Player just not on the Clip+. Is there possibly some setting I've got wrong?

Thanks
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

playlist file such as m3u only contain information pointing to existing audio files on your computer. If you move just the playlist to the portable player, it doesn't know where to find the actual songs.
You have to move the songs too (copy them) to the player.
Also, depending on how the player works and how it treats playlist files, it might not work unless you create the playlist within the player itself.
critter0107

Post by critter0107 »

Thanks for the quick response.
Well the file would be found by the tag information not the directory structure I believe. The point is that I can create an m3u list from Media Player and stick it on the mp3 player and it finds the files. But if I create that same playlist from the Acoustica program it doesn't find the files. I noticed that the file created by Acoustica is almost half the size of the one created by Media Player.

I also tried ripping a disc with Acoustic and saving the songlist as m3u in one step and then copying the whole thing to the mp3 player. Still doesn't work.

So the big question is what is the difference in the m3u file created by Acoustica that makes it almost half the size??? And is there a setting that I'm not aware of to make changes to it?

Thanks!