Guitar Delay Effects - Dotted Eight available?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bmiller

Guitar Delay Effects - Dotted Eight available?

Post by bmiller »

Is there a dotted eight delay setting available with the "out of the box" delay plug ins in Mixcraft 5? Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm new to Mixcraft. Also, don't know how to search the forum for previously asked questions. Thanks!
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

I just google keywords relating to my question along with 'Mixcraft' and it generally shows forum results.
A forum search function would be great though.
Windows 7 64-Bit
MC 5.2 Build 152
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

8)
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

:shock:
Windows 7 64-Bit
MC 5.2 Build 152
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hello,

No, there is no dotted option using the Classic Delay's Sync feature, but if you turn off Sync you can probably manually turn the Delay knob until you find the right time you're looking for.

Dan
bmiller

Guitar Delay - Dotted Eighth Note

Post by bmiller »

:oops: Thanks for the help. Embarrassed that I didn't see the search option. Now I know!
slejhamer

Post by slejhamer »

Haven't tried it yet myself, but I am told this (free) VST will sync dotted-eighths:

http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/retrodelay.php
bmiller

Dotted Eighth delay - workaround

Post by bmiller »

OK...I've found that by stacking two delay effects, I can get close. The 1st delay is set to 8th note timing, the second delay is set to 1/8 + 1/16 = 3/16 timing. So if the tempo is set to 70 bpm, then an eight note delay setting would be 1/2 of the quarter note timing or 0.5* (60/70)*1000 = 429 ms. The dotted eighth timing on the second "stacked" delay is 429 + 1/2 of 429 = 642 ms. The only problem is that the effects additive, and it gets muddy after the 1st pass. Is there a way to stack effects in mixcraft so they're not additive/cumulative?
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

The Classic Delay does have a dotted eighth setting in tempo sync mode.

In the Classic Delay user interface there is a "Delay" section. Just above the sync button there is a fraction selector.

As you know, dotted eighth = 3/16 of a measure. So, click and hold the top number and mouse up to 3. Click and hold the bottom number and mouse up to 16.

Voilá, a 3/16th note tempo-synced delay!
*Vibrant Audio*
bmiller

Post by bmiller »

Brilliant! Works like a charm. The analog delay is better for Praise music anyway which uses dotted eights quite a bit. Thanks again!