.IPK File Extension

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Tommy45

.IPK File Extension

Post by Tommy45 »

I recently noticed that when I apply my Registry Cleaner, some of my song files (.WAV) appear in the Recycle Bin with an .IPK file extension. Is it safe to permanently delete these files? Just out of curiosity, at what point during the recording process are these .IPK files being generated and why are these files being generated if they are apparently not needed when I use my music files to burn CDs?
I should mention that the songs' .WAV files do remain in my Music Folder.

Many Thanks To Those Who Reply,
Tommy
I made my first compilation CD from a combination of 45s and CD tracks. I set a separate recording level for each 45 and CD track.
Am I better off setting the recording level with the first recording and use that level for the rest of the recordings?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Those are just temporary files that help Spin It Again analyze audio. You can delete just them after you quit Spin It Again.

Or, click "Delete Temporary Files" in the Miscellaneous settings.

Greg
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
Volume Control is the bane of all rerecording. Even Songs on the same LP Album can have huge differences in Volume. SIA briliantly solves this by placing a percentage [%] volume control for each song while digitizing in Edit View, if you feel that you need it. [If you haven't noticed it yet; it is at the lower right for each song while in the Edit View].

I set the volume for each LP Using the "LEVEL WIZZARD" and adjust individual songs only if needed.

For mixing in/or using multiples of singles; I test what I know to be a Low Volume single, [in Pause Mode] and adjust the Volume accordingly, while using the "LEVEL Wizzard".

Then, as I process each song while in the Edit View I lower volumes as needed. This is the opposite to what SIA reccomends, but for me, I get better results lowering the volume if needed, rather than raising the volume.

Hope that this helps
Don