Windows XP 64 Problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Using the command line can be tricky. You do need to have the quotes around the path/filename, and Windows has to know where the executable is. I think it should probably work if you can get the syntax correct, but it's obviously not as convenient as right-clicking.

Greg
jansapp57

acoustica audio converter pro

Post by jansapp57 »

one of the things I'm addicted to is audio books on cd. I bought a Pioneer stereo system for my truck that also plays mp3's. I've used acoustica audio converter pro for about 3 years and love the simplicity of it. I recently installed Windows Vista on my pc and find that every time I right click a cd in the drive and "convert to mp3" I get a winaspint.dll error. And it quits. I updated the firmware for both drives, and updated the atapi.sys but I still get same error. Additionally, I installed Vista on my laptop but get same error. Anyone have ANY idea why this is happening? or is it just a Vista glitch that isn't worked out yet by Acoustica?

Jan in Florida
The Moral Majority is NEITHER
rockyray85

Bummed out as well

Post by rockyray85 »

running the Vista x64 Ultimate
No such luck... even the command line is a little glitchy since you can't choose multiple files.

Any chance someone is working on a fix for this?

EDIT

ok, got the command line working fine for multiple files

still
right clicking is a major convenience.
an update would truly be appreciated.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Bummed out as well

Post by Acoustica Greg »

rockyray85 wrote: Any chance someone is working on a fix for this?
Not yet! We're busy with Mixcraft 4 right now.
rockyray85

A little shortcut to the Vista x64 users

Post by rockyray85 »

Gotcha dude. Still working hard.
Well, here's a little something I found out.
I tried to understand how these .BAT files work. Not too hard if you have some understanding of the MS-DOS environment.

If you wish to convert a batch of files that are all in different folders, here's how:

Create a new TXT file and type down these lines:

Code: Select all

@echo off
echo Converting...
cd (enter path of the directory that contains the mp3towave.exe)
mp3towave -(3/G/any other format) "(path of the directory you wish to convert)"
mp3towave -(3/G/any other format) "(path of the directory you wish to convert)"
and save this file as a .bat file and run it.

If someone has anything to add, I'd be glad to widen my horizons :)

PEACE!!
AR

There is a easier way

Post by AR »

The batch file will work fine, but there is a easier way.
Open the folder: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and place a copy of the shortcut, on your desktop to the Acoustica Audio Converter Pro, in this folder.
Now select all the files, in explorer, you want to convert. Click on the right mousebutton and select:
Send to: Acoustica Audio Converter Pro
All your selected files will now be converted.

A better solution would be an update from the Acoustica converter, is there any change that this will be available on short terms?
For now this could be a nice workaround.
[/img]
Acoustica Greg

Re: There is a easier way

Post by Acoustica Greg »

The only problem with this work around is that the files would always be converted to wave format.

We do not have an update for 64-bit Windows yet.
AR wrote:The batch file will work fine, but there is a easier way.
Open the folder: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and place a copy of the shortcut, on your desktop to the Acoustica Audio Converter Pro, in this folder.
Now select all the files, in explorer, you want to convert. Click on the right mousebutton and select:
Send to: Acoustica Audio Converter Pro
All your selected files will now be converted.

A better solution would be an update from the Acoustica converter, is there any change that this will be available on short terms?
For now this could be a nice workaround.
[/img]
AR

Sorry, workaround seems not to work so well

Post by AR »

Unfortunately this workaround seems not to work as well as I hoped for.
You can only convert one file at a time, selecting more files reproduces an error after the first conversion. The directory cannot be found after the first conversion.
ItÆs true that this workaround only works for conversion to wav.
All we can do is waiting for a x64 version.
I hope such a version is in your developing plans
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

No progress on this yet.
UnderMiner

regedit

Post by UnderMiner »

So, I've had Acoustica Converter running on x64 XP for a while. The right-click menu I had to alter myself to get it all there.
I did the following:
Open regedit on a 32bit pc and go to
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*/shellex/ContextMenuHandles/Acoustica
- took everything from the above key (after Acoustica) and retyped it into the same place on the x64 machine.
- Looked for anything that had something to do with music under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/ and retyped that too.
- Restarted my PC and I had everything I needed.

Now here comes the sad part. I used the same install on both PCs and both had a clean install of windows. The numbers and letters inside the "{}" may not be the same for every install GUID/keystring.

You'll all have to see if you can make it work. Since I've chosen to install Linux now instead of Windows I can't be of more help but I hope I've pointed you people in the right direction

I do not take any responsibility for anything that can go wrong while performing the above mentioned steps

Remember: Fiddling with the registry of your PC can be a tricky business and is best left to professionals.

Hardware - The part of a computer you can actually kick
webboy634

Post by webboy634 »

The command line trick works on Vista 64 bit so at least I have a way to do the conversion to mp3.
JackCroww

Windows Vista 64bit

Post by JackCroww »

Please tell me there is a fix for this. You guys can't still be working on Mixcraft 4. :wink:

Is there going to be a fix for this, or are you going to recommend that we switch to a different product?

I mean, if I wanted to futz around with a command line, I'd be running Linux. :roll:

Thanks,

Jack
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, there's no fix. Audio Converter Pro is an older legacy product and it's just not being currently developed. There's still a chance for an update at some point in the future, but it's not happening yet. The command line option is the only option for 64-bit Windows users right now.

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

I just switched from Vista Premium x32 bit to Vista Ultimate x64 bit and am now experiencing the same problem as those of you who wrote in about this problem.

With the steady development of desktop pc's and their hardware more and more pc users are of NECESSITY swtiching to x64 bit operating systems. So why doesn't Acoustica deem the situation important enough to develop a "patch" or whatever for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro?
Even using Vista's compatibility feature does not solve the problem. Windows 7 will soon appear and I am sure many pc users will use it in x64 NOT x32.
vazans

Post by vazans »

To those of you who are no longer able to use Audio Converter Pro because of using a x64 bit OS I say do not be discouraged. The trend towards x64 bit computing is INCREASING as evidenced by the research information contanined in the following blog link.

Software manufacturers will HAVE TO accommodate x64 bit OS's or suffer financial lost.

There are other audio converters on the market that support x64 bit OS's and they are just as good as Audio Converter Pro.

Here is the link to that blog:

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/window ... today.aspx
Since Acoustica is NOT going to develop Audio Converter Pro so as to accommodate its customers that have switched to x64 bit OS's we have no other choice than to look elsewhere.