Can't Load mp3!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tomdickharry

Can't Load mp3!!

Post by tomdickharry »

Hi, i've been using the mixcraft demo on my other pc, and just today, I couldn't load mp3 or wma files. It gives me an error:The software failed to load the sound.
Help wld be appreciated.
Thx!

...Oh, and i've tried reinstalling, but it didn't work...
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Make sure you are not trying to load DRM protected files. This is common with WMA files purchased and downloaded from certain web sites or services.
tomdickharry

Post by tomdickharry »

My bro's laptop could load the same files but mine couldn't...:(
Any other suggestions?
Thx btw..
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

Have you tried to drag and drop the file to mixcraft
tomdickharry

Post by tomdickharry »

Yes i have,but it still doesn't work. :(
Thx for the suggestion tho...
Rlly very frustrated...
OzRob

Post by OzRob »

tomdickharry wrote:My bro's laptop could load the same files but mine couldn't...:(
Any other suggestions?
Thx btw..
Per Eric's question - did your brother download those files on his laptop originally? Protected files are often locked to the original computer. If this is the case, only way around it is to burn them to a CD then they can be ripped onto any other machine.
tomdickharry

Post by tomdickharry »

Actually, I downloaded those files and gave them to him. :)
OzRob

Post by OzRob »

Sorry, I have no idea then.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

What is the error you get when you drag/drop one of these mp3's onto mixcrafts window?
Are you able to load the mp3 into other apps like say audacity?
How about playing the files in a player other than windows media player? Do they play ok on a differetn computer other than yours? (try another besides your brothers).
Also try converting the files to wav and import those instead, your computer might have a codec issue with mp3/wma
tomdickharry

Post by tomdickharry »

The error i get when i drag/drop into mixcraft is the same i get when i load them: Software failed to load the sound...The files load and play well in Audacity, Soundforge and VLC, and my pc can load mp3 files just fine.
So i guess i have to make do with converting them to wav...
Thx Eric, really appreciate the help.
euphemism324

Mix down files not reading

Post by euphemism324 »

I'm having a similar issue.

I have Mixcraft v. 5.2, build 152 on a 6-month old computer.

When I mix down to mp3, WAV, or WMA, none of my music-playing/editing programs can read the new file. (Audacity, iTunes, Windows Media). Windows Media Player gives a message saying it encountered an error when playing the file. Audacity's message says there was an error while opening the sound device and asks me to check the output device setting and project sample rate. iTunes simply freezes. Mixcraft CAN open the files after they've been saved.

I have already selected in my Preferences to NOT play exported files after they're created. I don't notice any other issues. The only thing that sticks out to me is that my project had a 'lock' icon on it when I go to save it. My only success has been burning selections to a CD and ripping it onto my computer. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!