Behringer V-Amp Pro

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

nemasis

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Post by nemasis »

I posted a similar topic in a different thread but thought i would post it here too. Just wondering how many people are using this unit, and what they think? Bloadsoaked, i know you have it and are getting some great tones out of it. I am having a little trouble dialing in "my sound." Any tips and suggestions people can offer would be awesome.

I play mostly Power and Black Metal.

TIA

Nemasis
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I have the bass version of this pre-amp, I thought it was great at first, but now it is losing it's settings every time i turn it off. I have to do a factory reset every time I turn it on.
Not good.
moptop

X-Vamp user

Post by moptop »

Hello all, this is my first post here. Nemasis, I use a X-Vamp and my band mate uses a Vamp-ire Head. We both get some great sounds out of our rigs. My bandmate went to Behringer's website and downloaded the software to allow him to adjust all the settings on his computer then send the changes via a MIDI cable straight to the amp itself. He said all the changes are in real-time so you hear what it sounds like while you making tweeking them. That's how he set up all his presets. Their site also has very large selection of premade patches that can be d/l'ed straight to the amp. My little X-Vamp does not have the computer/MIDI ability but is still pretty easy to program and sounds just as good.

Eric, it sounds like you just need to change the internal memory battery. I would bet that is one of those 3 volt button cells and has a snap clip holder on the circuit board that holds it. I also have a ART ECC unit and it did the same thing. Changing the battery fixed that problem.

I hope that helps!
Take care, Moptop
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

er

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Thanks, I will try changing the battery.

I also use the software to adjust and save presets on mine. I found that for bass sound, the presets avaiable on their web site were kind of limited.

Out of all the presets on the unit, or web site. A simple clean sound seems to be the best it has to offer.

Controlling it with midi cables is pretty cool though :-)