Recognizing albums and tracks in a new hard drive

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Mman

Recognizing albums and tracks in a new hard drive

Post by Mman »

Acoustica Greg

My music files are located on an external USB hard drive. Acoustica recognized all the tracks and albums. I then purchased a larger second external USB hard drive and copied all music tracks to it. The drive letters are different for the two external hard drives. I then removed the former drive. Now when I attempt to open an album or a mix, Acoustica still points to the old (removed drive) letter and declares all tracks as missing. Is it possible to edit the pointer to the new drive letter within Acoustica without manually doing it track by track? Alternatively, can I change the drive letter of the new drive to the former (removed) hard drive letter and have the music recognized even though it is a different drive? (This would require that all other non-music files would have to be changed to the new drive letter, a dauntless task). Thinking out loud, is it feasible to virtually partition the new drive to reflect the old hard drive letter for just the music files as a solution?
Mman

Answering Own Question For A Super time saver

Post by Mman »

Greg

I decided to take a chance, and simply changed the external hard drive letter of the new external drive to that of the former external hard drive letter. Acoustica now loads albums and mixes as if it were on the original, now removed hard drive! If anyone has changed hard drives, and taken the time it takes to discover and reload albums this save hours of effort. Mixes can be lost altogether too. Well this is a simple solution to this problem. There may yet be repercussions as to other programs that have been copied to the newer drive before the drive letter change, but the labor saved is more than offset.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

MP3 CD Burner wasn't really designed to work with removeable drives. Thanks for sharing that solution.

Greg
Mman

Creative thinking with old software

Post by Mman »

Greg
This work around was with MiniTool Partition Wizard software, (I could have used Windows) for the drive letter change. Acoustica works fine with an external USB drive and is great for ripping, cataloging and burning, so I have kept using it.