File deletions blocked by Back-up Imaging program

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Mman

File deletions blocked by Back-up Imaging program

Post by Mman »

Acoustica Greg

I recently loaded Acronis True Image Home 2011 PC Back-up and Recovery software. This software has a mode called non-stop backup, which I am using. When I attempt to permanently delete duplicate music tracks from Acoustica (Delete the song files from my computer and put them in the recycle bin.), Acronis seems to lock the Acoustica database barring any permanent deletions. It allows deletions under option three (Just remove the songs from my library and leave the song files alone.They will show up with subsequent scans.) I would like to have both the feature of real time image files protection with Acronis software while also maintaining the ability to edit the Acoustica music library by eliminating track duplicates from the library and from the hard drive. Acronis allows for file exclusion from Acronis monitoring. What is the default path and name of the Acoustica database so that it can exclude it from Acronis non-stop backupto avoid blocking editing of music tracks? Any other suggestions for a work around on this issue?

Compliment-- I find Acoustica CD Burner easy to use, and it does virtually all I need it to do. Suggestion: With some programming enhancements it could become an even more viable part of your product line up.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I personally use acronis true image on many machines including some servers. The real time backup almost always causes issues with databases. You can either switch to a scheduled incrimental backup plan or write acronis about the real time backup being an issue with databases.
Mman

Post by Mman »

Eric

After trying to stop the Acronis Non-Stop Back-up unsucessfully, I did this and it seems to work-- Using MediaMonkey (because of its database features), I identify duplicate tracks. Using Acoustica CD Burner, I delete the duplicate tracks there (by album). I empty the trash in Acoustica using the third option that deletes it from the Acoustica library but not from the hard drive. I then go to Media Monkey, and delete the same album tracks from the MM library and from the hard drive (one available option). I then find these deleted tracks in the Windows Recycle Bin which I then delete emptying the Windows Recycle Bin . This wipes the duplicate tracks from the hard drive. It takes two steps but it gets the job done.