Windows 7

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

music man

Windows 7

Post by music man »

I am running windows 7 on a 64 bit computer. Is beat craft compatible, or should I look elsewhere?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's mostly compatible, but you'll see an error message about your sound card every time you run Beatcraft. You can just click it away and Beatcraft will work anyway.

Greg
RBFENNELL

Post by RBFENNELL »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

It's mostly compatible, but you'll see an error message about your sound card every time you run Beatcraft. You can just click it away and Beatcraft will work anyway.

Greg
Greg, Randy Fennell. You and I had this conversation about 2yrs ago. I just bought a new set up/Windows 7/ the "just click away don't work. Have any ideas. I only have thousands of tracks i can't use.....HELP!!!!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That means you have the wrong playback device selected. Go into the Playback preferences and choose an option that produces sound for you.

Also make sure you have the latest updates for your soundcard's audio drivers.

Greg
Jaco

No Sound Device

Post by Jaco »

I get the message at start too, (win 7 glitch). It is easily ignored and the software is 99.9% effective. (I messed with .cng's a little and tried to rid the error message string, but it still comes up with a blank box. So I restored the orig cfg files.)

Why not make 100%, Acoustica? Somewhere in a dll or exe- there's a "find sound device string" in the startup batch. There is a trigger to this message if sound isn't found. (The program obviously finds sound eventually because the program works.) There should be an Update for Vista/7 users that eliminates the trigger for the error message string in startup. Let the "find audio device" fail without notification. Make a beta disclaimer that it's a quick fix and removes an error message- to cover your back.

Sorry got geeky on ya. But, I open the program so often, I am tired of the error. Thanks for a cool program.
Peace