Midi not responding in Mixcraft 5.2

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

deviaferiae

Midi not responding in Mixcraft 5.2

Post by deviaferiae »

We were working on a song and our midi keyboard(s) M-audio's Axiom 25 and a general Midi Yamaha psr225gm we cannot get any response on the virtual instruments. we do get response from external programs using midi. Any reason as to why this is happening? Thanks
jld1545

Post by jld1545 »

hey, i have been having the same problem for about a week now. Let me guess, you havent changed a single thing in preferences. and if you open mixcraft and then turn your controller on, mixcraft will still recognize the hardware change. and it will show up in oreferences. and you can even record midi in using the musical typing feature. but no matter how hard you look at those keys, and no matter how much you completely unplug/replug everything and uninstall/reinstall all your programs that you think my be causing it...it still has yet to respond. I have been going back and forth with the acoustica team, maybe there is something going on and it just hasnt been discovered yet.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

I had a similar problem recently where all aspects of midi worked with existing midi related projects. But, I couldn't hear virtual instruments when creating a virtual instrument/ midi project from scratch.
Then the problem went away magically

Best Regards
Pierre
deviaferiae

after a little tinkering

Post by deviaferiae »

The problem for me after experimenting a little bit, i can get midi on a fresh new mixcraft/FL studio. but not with a song i was working on. any idea on how to solve this? i created and recorded the song into the latest mixcraft.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure that the instrument track is armed for all channels. Which virtual instrument do you have selected on that track?

Greg
deviaferiae

Re:greg

Post by deviaferiae »

I have selected all midi channels, and i have tried ezdrummer, Pianissimo and alot of the others as well.