Overall midi volume save feature

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

KevinE

Overall midi volume save feature

Post by KevinE »

Editing and saving (as a midi file) the overall volume of individual tracks on a midi file should be painless.

Currently I have to adjust the velocity of each individual track and then save as a midi file. (Adjusting each track's volume only works if you save as a mixcraft project.)

There are a couple of ways to do this in mixcraft 5 but both are PAINFULLY SLOW.

I can use the mouse to set the velocity level of a given track but then each note becomes the same volume. I lose dynamics of the track. A drum track for example may have the kick drum recorded at a higher velocity than the hi-hat. This is desirable. It's not desirable to have them the same velocity because there is a natural dynamic that occurs.

Here are my feature suggestions.

1. Give users a menu in which they can click a fader and adjust the note velocity by 10%? Mixcraft would then cycle thru each track, and reduce every note's velocity by 10%. Then the user can effortlessly save as a midi file and hear the difference in volume levels when they port the midi to their keyboard.

2. I would like to see a midi playlist feature with the ability to route the midi to usb.