First full freeze-up

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

surfercook

First full freeze-up

Post by surfercook »

It was kind of a bummer when it froze because I had layed down an hrs worth of guitaring. But I did sign up for it!!
I am far from an advanced user and couldn't locate all the crash files. It was disappointing not finding them as I was excited to check them out! Did manage to find a "Log" for Mixcraft though.
Took some screenshots of the freeze-up and here are the details.

Opened Mixcraft and left the name as "Project 3"
Loaded Kontakt 5 as a vsti and then loaded "Indigenous Guitars" for Kontakt.
Armed track and recorded about 3 mins of "Harmonic Dance" patch in three separate takes.
Jammed along w/my newly recorded track for a bit to feel out a melody and some soloing.
Tried to load track two w/a new instance of Kontakt 5 and that's when it froze.

This is when I took the screen shots. One odd bit of behavior was the Mixcraft icon in the toolbar was still active after the program closed. A hover of the mouse showed a blank Mixcraft totally white.
Another odd thing was being denied access to the log a second time. I was lucky to have saved a copy of it before closing the first one.
I will attempt the same again at one point. Hope this helps.
The freeze surprised me because I have already done a project w/several vsti tracks and quite a few effects. There wasn't two instances of Kontakt though. I tried opening two Kontakts in MixcraftBeta 6 and it froze again, then went into my REAPER and loaded two instances and it worked fine. So I'm guessing there might be a bug here for you guys.

PC=quad core kit w/INTEL I5 2500K 3.3G, Seagate 7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 768MB graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS BK ATX-819WBR Tower, 8GB Corsair Vengence RAM, Iomega 1TB ExtHD
Windows7 Pro
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

Greg
surfercook

Post by surfercook »

This is what I was working on when it froze. I wanted to do the lead synth w/the same one as the rhythm, but since Mixcraft6 kept freezing w/Kontakt I just used one of Mixcraft's synths for the lead. First go w/an audio interface w/the beta- Line6 UX2 w/my Fender Jazz Bass here. Everything went quite smooth w/the UX2.

http://soundcloud.com/marc-halikas/harmonic-dance
surfercook

Post by surfercook »

This is pretty much a full project for me. I've gotten into the habit of saving my work frequently is RECd so as to not lose anything. But not even a hiccup this time! :(
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11277459
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Note that Mixcraft 6 makes a backup project every time you save. The backup projects are in a sub-folder called Backup that's inside your project folder.
surfercook

Post by surfercook »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Note that Mixcraft 6 makes a backup project every time you save. The backup projects are in a sub-folder called Backup that's inside your project folder.
Thanx for the heads up on that. Now I just do the long version and save it as a project and overwrite each one.
Just a quickie today....not even a stutter though. :(
http://soundcloud.com/marc-halikas/sesame-street-theme