Behringer V-Verb Pro Rev2496

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Gman

Behringer V-Verb Pro Rev2496

Post by Gman »

I thought I would report in with my 2-cents on a new toy I bought. This verb unit is for live/stage performances, not Mixcraft recordings. They advertise it as reference quality and I have to admit, it comes very close. The unit is totally silent even when very "wet" on the FX loop. The presets are very good and if they are not enough, all the parameters are infinitely variable. It has 2 stereo effects engines in serial so for example you can run reverb or delay on one engine chained into a compressor in the other. Best of all it was $180 delivered from Musicians Friend. I couldn't find anything else that even comes close for the money. A huge bang-for-the-buck that I would recommend to anyone.

I actually find the effects in Mixcraft to be preferrable, but I think this is due to the fact that I record dry in MC and then can tweak and tweak and tweak until I get it right. That's a little tough to do live.

Anyway, I don't like to sing naked (vocals that is) and the V-Verb really made the difference.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Singing naked has it's merits.
Gman

Post by Gman »

Either for recording (or in front of women - lol) yes, but not live. Sounds too flat and "in your face". IMHO
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I agree Gman, you definitely need SOMETHING when singing live. The unit you have sounds like a nice one, I have a few of the companies products as well and they all perform great.
We use a combination of 8 to 10 rack units when playing live, but they are not all used on vox. EQ, Gates, Compression, Delays, Reverbs, etc..