Mixcraft with auto tune. help please

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

petrolhead19

Mixcraft with auto tune. help please

Post by petrolhead19 »

Hey guys im new here, having a bit of trouble.
I have Mixcraft 5.1 and i cant get auto tune to work with live vocals.
I have auto tune efx and evo both dont work.
If i load one of the many accapellas i have into mixcraft and use auto tune then it will work, but if i try using it live with my voice or even record a clip of my voice then it doesnt work.
All my other effects work with my voice live so dont see why auto tune is not working.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Adam

P.S sorry if this is not in the right section
Rus

Post by Rus »

Have you tried applying it after you've recorded your voice? Btw, having input monitor on helps you hear what will take place when the effect is applied; however, that's ill-advised for, say, a headphone mix - especially if there are other things going on. (ie: Other instruments playing)

Somehow folks forget to record things dry first, then dampen or dilute it.

Wouldn't you sketch something (pencil) before putting it on your canvas permanently?

Whether it's a software/hardware plug, leave it off until you get what's going into it correct! Likewise, you can "Audition," it, but don't print it or you will be very frustrated! I had to learn the hard way as well.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Rus wrote:Have you tried applying it after you've recorded your voice? Btw, having input monitor on helps you hear what will take place when the effect is applied; however, that's ill-advised for, say, a headphone mix - especially if there are other things going on. (ie: Other instruments playing)

Somehow folks forget to record things dry first, then dampen or dilute it.

Wouldn't you sketch something (pencil) before putting it on your canvas permanently?

Whether it's a software/hardware plug, leave it off until you get what's going into it correct! Likewise, you can "Audition," it, but don't print it or you will be very frustrated! I had to learn the hard way as well.
That's a reasonable rule of thumb but it is not 100% set in stone. For example I usually compress going down.
Rus

Post by Rus »

^ Yeah, it's not set in stone how to go about things. I should've made that clear, but has that suggestion worked because sometimes it may be the plugs and not the software.
Glaw

Post by Glaw »

I think he knows that it works after recording. What he is asking is if he can use it real-time, while recording.
Rus

Post by Rus »

Glaw wrote:I think he knows that it works after recording. What he is asking is if he can use it real-time, while recording.
You probably can. I misinterpreted. My apologies.
aj113

Re: Mixcraft with auto tune. help please

Post by aj113 »

petrolhead19 wrote:....All my other effects work with my voice live so dont see why auto tune is not working.....
Me neither. Do you have 'monitor incoming audio' checked when you arm the track?