Windows 7 64-bit

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Carol C

Windows 7 64-bit

Post by Carol C »

Hi I keep coming back here to see if there has been a fix but, no fix. I did drop a wma on the Icon but it only coverts to WAV as I am reading here...

I tried the Shortcut etc. which did not work either. It is just a shame that this will not work in Windows 7 Pro x64 bit. I am truely disapointed. :?

Well I did download a free program that will do what I need.. I have bought all your products except MixCraft.. Don't need that one :?: .. :)

I jumped onto these posts because I have not received any help..

Carol C

vazans wrote:UPDATE:

In my excitement I made a mistake. The wma files were NOT converted to the mp3 format. They were converted to the wav format. Dragging and dropping does NOT give me an option of choosing which format I want to convert to.

I have clicked the Options tab in Audio Converter Pro but I see no way of changing the settings. These settings can only be accessed via the right click menu. Correct? And, like I said before, Audio Converter Pro does NOT appear in the right click menu UNLESS I use the shortcut and when I use the shortcut nothing happens (I am not able to convert any type audio file format).
Acoustica Greg

Re: Windows 7 64-bit

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're probably not going to be updating the Acoustica converter software. This is because the converters are really old software and there are just too many competitors out there now, some of them free (as you've found). For example, you can convert to MP3 or WAV using iTunes.

The 32-bit explorer shell workaround works well for XP and Vista, but Microsoft changed the way things work in Windows 7 so that you'd have to install Microsoft Windows XP Virtual PC on your Windows 7 computer in order to use the 32-bit shell workaround.

If you own Acoustica MP3 CD Burner, you can load up its song list and then choose the "Render" option from the File menu to convert files.

Greg
Carol C

Re: Windows 7 64-bit

Post by Carol C »

Hi Greg,
Appreciate the answer. Yes I see that there are many programs as I mentioned for free. ;) I forgot that I could do that with Itunes.. Ok had a blonde moment. :)

Thank you again and will continue to use all other Acoustic products.. Love your stuff..
DID not know I could do that in MP 3 CD burner.. Will check it out.
Carol C
Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

We're probably not going to be updating the Acoustica converter software. This is because the converters are really old software and there are just too many competitors out there now, some of them free (as you've found). For example, you can convert to MP3 or WAV using iTunes.

The 32-bit explorer shell workaround works well for XP and Vista, but Microsoft changed the way things work in Windows 7 so that you'd have to install Microsoft Windows XP Virtual PC on your Windows 7 computer in order to use the 32-bit shell workaround.

If you own Acoustica MP3 CD Burner, you can load up its song list and then choose the "Render" option from the File menu to convert files.

Greg