Is it possible to use multiple MIDI keyboards simultaneously with Mixcraft?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

purplepat69

Is it possible to use multiple MIDI keyboards simultaneously with Mixcraft?

Post by purplepat69 »

Can I connect multiple MIDI keyboard controllers to Mixcraft at the same time if they are assigned different MIDI channels? Do I assign specific tracks to specific keyboards (MIDI channels)? Specifically, I'm looking to find out if I can use different keyboards to play different instruments/presets at the same time (or am I limited to choosing one at a time)?
cactus-head

Re: Is it possible to use multiple MIDI keyboards simultaneously with Mixcraft?

Post by cactus-head »

It depends on how you connect them to your computer. If you interface allows only one input/connection you may have limitations there.

Depending on the hardware you could "daisy chain" them together using MIDI through; setting each device internally to it's own channel. In Mixcraft, for input you select the specific MIDI port and channel for the specific track. For output, you select the specific External MIDI output port and appropriate channel.
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
I use a 5 channel MIDI interface. I have 3 MIDI keyboards connected. ( Roland D5 synth 61 keys, Keystation 88, and a 49 key controller. ) This interface gives me 5 MIDI inputs and outputs. It connects to my computer with USB. I use only one of the outputs to connect to other hardware instruments. The output is connected daisy chain; interface out 1 to MIDI in on my U220 module, MIDI Thru out to the D5 MIDI in, D5 Thru out to my B3 sound module. I can control hardware and virtual instruments by setting different MIDI channels to the instruments.

- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you have multiple MIDI controllers, you can arm tracks for individual controllers.

Greg

Multiple MIDI devices.
Multiple MIDI devices.
armmultipleMIDIdevices.png (8.13 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101