.. all its shortcomings

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Guaresneider

.. all its shortcomings

Post by Guaresneider »

It's unbelievable that you can NOT move a track along with all the automation just by selecting it and moving it in the project in a simple and intuitive way, it's crap really, I'm very angry with version 10 and all its shortcomings. :x
Acoustica Greg

Re: .. all its shortcomings

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you mean an audio or MIDI clip? Hold down the Ctrl key when you drag the clip.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:56 pm Hi,

Do you mean an audio or MIDI clip? Hold down the Ctrl key when you drag the clip.

Greg
I have used the most intuitive way, select the track with the MIDI and the automation lines below and move it to the right a few beats, NO it can't be done, amazing.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Not sure what you mean.

A track can be duplicated, or its position can be changed in the project just by dragging it up or down.

A clip, like Greg said can be dragged along the track with its automation by holding CTRL and clicking and dragging the clip left or right.

You can select capture an area of a clip including automation and copy and paste it elsewhere on the track or into another track entirely.

There are so many options and they are all easy and intuitive. Perhaps you mean something specific that's not being addressed.
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:56 pm Hi,

Greg

OKAY thanks!
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

cactus-head wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:23 am Not sure what you mean.

A track can be duplicated, or its position can be changed in the project just by dragging it up or down.

A clip, like Greg said can be dragged along the track with its automation by holding CTRL and clicking and dragging the clip left or right.

You can select capture an area of a clip including automation and copy and paste it elsewhere on the track or into another track entirely.

There are so many options and they are all easy and intuitive. Perhaps you mean something specific that's not being addressed.
Yes thanks, I was referring to why do I have to do a key combination to simply move the MIDI content of a single track and its automation? If I select it, that should be enough to move it backwards or forwards, thanks for your help! Cheers!