Muted vocal track / Melodyne?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MikeDVI

Muted vocal track / Melodyne?

Post by MikeDVI »

Hi all, this has got to be user fail but I give up finding it.

Have a VOX track, when I apply Melodyne, the track mutes. It still shows the wave, just no sound. I looked everywhere in Melodyne but have not found a "mute" setting to uncheck.

If I remove Melodyne, the track plays. Re-apply melodyne, muted again.

Any ideas appreciated. I bet the answer is right in front of me and I missed it somewhere. Other songs are fine.

Melodyne 5 Editor licensed.

Mike
MX10.5 Pro Studio B 586. Presonus 1818vsl AI, Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 64-GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 2060, 1 and 2 TB SSD’s + 1 and 2 TB spinner sata’s, cookies and coffee.
TrevsAudio

Re: Muted vocal track / Melodyne?

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi.

Are you hitting 'Finalize' after editing in Melodyne?

Melodyne.png
Melodyne.png (282.9 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 8 gig RAM; Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio; Win 11 Pro

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
MikeDVI

Re: Muted vocal track / Melodyne?

Post by MikeDVI »

TrevsAudio wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:05 pm Hi.

Are you hitting 'Finalize' after editing in Melodyne?

Melodyne.png
Thanks Trevs.

I never used finalize before, and this is the first time I ran into "muted" VOX. Now that I think back, I'll bet I hit it at some point. If so would this muting possibly be the result? I believe if I understand finalizing correctly that is is similar to the "mix to new clip" function in clips.

At any rate I am going to delete the track, start a new track, load up the VOX wav and then add Melodyne and test. Fortunately I am working in scratch tracks right now so it is not a game changer. But that said I need to know what I did so I don't so it again LOL

Mike
MX10.5 Pro Studio B 586. Presonus 1818vsl AI, Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 64-GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 2060, 1 and 2 TB SSD’s + 1 and 2 TB spinner sata’s, cookies and coffee.