All Projects Corrupted

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

skb

All Projects Corrupted

Post by skb »

I recently got a new computer after my old one gave up on me. I thought I would be able to continue my projects on my new computer so I copied all my project files onto my new computer, but non of them will open they just say "Load Failed Mixcraft failed to load the project: xxxxxxxx It may be corrupt"

I have installed all the plugins I had previously and as far as I am aware I have the program set up the same. Is there any way to open my projects again?

Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with the software's temperamental nature. I have even had freshly saved projects fail to open and in some cases I've loaded it up one day listened to a track not made any changes or saves and then the next day the same project fails to open.

I want to love this software but there are some quite large pain points that are really putting me off. Losing all my projects is a big one.

I'm on "Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio 64-Bit Build 460" for what it's worth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Acoustica Greg

Re: All Projects Corrupted

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Updating to build 470 should fix this problem (along with a bunch of other issues). Log into your account at store.acoustica.com and download the updated installer from your library.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
skb

Post by skb »

I have tried to download the latest installer but it only wants to install build 460 and when I use the in app updater it says its downloaded but then nothing happens...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Delete the installer that you have and download this one: https://download.acoustica.com/mixcraft ... taller.exe

If that link doesn't work for you, log in at store.acoustica.com first.

Greg
skb

Post by skb »

Hi, the link worked and most of my projects are now opening and mostly intact!

Thank you very much for your help, I was a bit disheartened at the loss of my projects.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, build 460 has that problem for some reason. It's strange, because the "unable to open projects" issue only seemed to crop up recently. It's maybe related to some Windows update or something.

Greg