MC 10.5 MIDI Controller Doesn't Refresh

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cactus-head

MC 10.5 MIDI Controller Doesn't Refresh

Post by cactus-head »

Hello,

I've noticed that the MIDI controller doesn't refresh the status of it's dials or of learning a MIDI CC until you move the window. This wasn't happening before.

Please see the GIF as an example. When I change the threshold using my MIDI controller, the Value knob does not change on the MIDI controller until I drag the VST. This exhibits that behavior also when trying to "learn" a MIDI CC. It doesn't seem to assign the CC until you drag the window.

MC 10.5 MIDI Controller no refresh.gif
MC 10.5 MIDI Controller no refresh.gif (571.47 KiB) Viewed 825 times

It doesn't matter if it is 64 bit or 32. Also, as was mentioned in another post, the MIDI controller isn't exclusive to the track. If you have the same CC set for a controller on a different track, all tracks with the controller assigned will have the control on the VST change. It doesn't matter if the track is in focus/selected or not.

As far as the CC selection and the value knob refresh: I just tested it in MC 9 and it works fine there. Again this seems like new buggy behavior.
Acoustica Greg

Re: MC 10.5 MIDI Controller Doesn't Refresh

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using build 596? I added a MIDI controller to the Classic Compressor, then mapped Threshold to a knob. When I move the knob on the controller, it always seems to work. I tried saving and reloading the project.

Get the problem to happen again, then go into General preferences, click Upload Log Files and let us know you did that.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Yes build 596.

Happens with certain plugins. I don't know the pattern because both 32bit and 64bit may not refresh.

An example would be it happens with Classic Compressor (32 bit).

It doesn't happen with DensitymkIII (32 bit).

It doesn't happen with Boogex (64 bit).

It happens with TB Ferox Tape Emulator (64 bit).

Log files uploaded
Last edited by cactus-head on Mon May 20, 2024 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I just played around with the "Auto-scale to match Monitor" setting on the plugins. This does seem to affect the outcome.

Take DensitymkII for example: If I turn Autoscale off, the MIDI controller will draw correctly - but the image of the VST is not correct, it sort of doubles and looks weird if I move the dials on the VST itself. If I set the Autoscale to on, the MIDI controller no longer refreshes properly but the VST image looks good and accurate.

My screen resolution is 2560 x 1440 with a scale of 125% for Windows. MC 10.5 596 scale is set to 100%
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi Greg,

Did you receive the log files?
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

further testing: If I check "Disable DPI Awareness Per Monitor" everything seems to work ok. So the bug lies somewhere in the DPI awareness scheme of things I would guess.
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

There is also DPI per monitor v2 available. In .Net C# I can force this via the app.config I think. I had some problems with v1 in a development project in the past.

And I still remember that you had to set monitor v2 at compile time because only then did the application scale properly. It no longer has any effect afterwards. This problem cost me my last nerve with scaling issues in the past.

Just a thought.

Patrick
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

cactus-head wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:26 am Hi Greg,

Did you receive the log files?
Did you use a different email address than the one you used for the forums?

You could just submit them in a support ticket or let me know the email address that way.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

More information along the same line:

I can make MC 10 596 crash at will if I check "Disable DPI Monitor Awareness" and try and open Shred Amp FX or Dubshox H8. Both are 32 bit plugins - still not sure if that makes a difference.

The redraw of Shed messes up when moving the mic in relation to the speaker so this ties back to some problem with the redraw and the DPI settings.

These are not issues in MC 9 470.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please submit them in a support ticket and attach log files that show the crash.

Greg