Mixcraft 10 Recroding Studio Assistance!!! HELP!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Chad P

Mixcraft 10 Recroding Studio Assistance!!! HELP!!

Post by Chad P »

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently upgraded to Mixcraft 10 Recording Studio, and I've been encountering a bit of an issue that's been puzzling me. In the previous version, I used to record my voice over a backing track without any trouble. However, since upgrading, I've noticed that when I record my voice, the audio track includes the backing track as well. This results in a double sound, with the backing track playing alongside my voice every time I play it back.

I've been trying to figure out how to adjust the settings so that I can record my voice without the music bleeding into the voice track, but so far, I haven't had any luck. I use a Shure microphone and my sound card is the Yamaha Steinberg UR22C.

If anyone has experience with Mixcraft 10 and knows how to resolve this issue or can offer any tips or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. It's been a bit frustrating trying to troubleshoot this on my own, so any assistance would be immensely helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help!
jwarv

Re: Mixcraft 10 Recroding Studio Assistance!!! HELP!!

Post by jwarv »

Hi. Are you using headphones and are your speakers off? Sorry for the obvious question. Otherwise, it sounds like the backing track might be routed somehow to the vocal track. Or, sometimes I think I'm using my condenser mic but in reality I have my webcam mic as a source and, well... :roll:
Remiro

Post by Remiro »

Can you send a screenshot of the recorded tracks? You might have recorded vocals on one of the channels with the backing track.
wadu

Post by wadu »

How can I prevent Mixcraft 10 Recording Studio from recording the backing track along with my voice when using a Shure microphone and Yamaha Steinberg UR22C sound card?
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Any mic will only pick up what it 'hears'.

As jwarv suggested, use headphones (preferably closed back) to monitor your backing track while laying down the vocals.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 8 gig RAM; Mixcraft 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro Studio; Win 11 Pro

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio