FL Studio as a VSTi in Mixcraft - Setup Problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

GaryR55

FL Studio as a VSTi in Mixcraft - Setup Problem

Post by GaryR55 »

I've installed FL Studio 5.0 as a VSTi in Mixcraft 4.0 and I have FL Studio set to send MIDI output to Mixcraft. I also have it set to send audio output to Mixcraft. The problem is, when I record an FL Studio track in Mixcraft, nothing is being recorded. Anyone else have this problem, and, if so, how did you solve it?

Gary
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

This is a super old thread but I'm wondering the same thing...

I'm running the FLStudio vsti inside of mixcraft, I've found using FL Studio as a VSTi the best way for me to program beats. + I love some of the effects included.

Fl Studio is sending midi data to Mixcraft but when I press record in Mixcraft nothing seems to record.

When I press play in FL Studio and check out Mixcraft it seems to be receiving a signal... the volume meter is working etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 4.5 build 118?

If you try to record the MIDI from the FL Studios VSTi, and then click Stop, do the MIDI notes appear?

Greg
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

Okay so I have FL Studio plugged in. I choose what instrument I want to play... I minimize it and go back into Mixcraft. When I press record I can play my keyboard and midi data is recorded into the track.

That part works fine.

What isnt working at the moment is say I go into FL Studio and create a full drum track that is sequenced inside of FL Studio. If I press play inside of the FL VSTi the track will start playing, I can look inside of Mixcraft and the volume meters are working away no worries.

Once that is finished, I should be able to close down the FL VSTi and when I press play inside of Mixcraft it should trigger FL to start playing what I have put inside it sequencer.

Heres some info from the FL help site.

http://flstudio.image-line.com/help/htm ... plugin.htm
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

Is there any word on this. It seems to be a Mixcraft only issue at the moment, every other DAW I own syncs up with FL Studio when I press the play button.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have a copy for testing purposes, but I don't think it's going to work with Mixcraft 4. That plugin is trying to do things that Mixcraft doesn't currently support, like MIDI synchronization.

Greg
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

Hey Greg,

Here's a download link for the FL Studio demo, it includes the VSTi version. An ychance midi sync this can be supported in MC5?

http://flstudio.image-line.com/documents/download.html

I used FL for all my drums, but would prefer if I could just do everything in Mixcraft.

Matt