Editing questions

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Raidx

Editing questions

Post by Raidx »

I have a couple of questions about editing

1: Can i add effect only to a loop instead of the entire track??

2: God is it possible to crop something in this program... when i edit a wave, i cant crop it i am always stuck with the data i had before and after the part i want...

3: Is there any external free editor taht could give me those options ( the best i tried is Audition3 (Cooledit). I tried Audacity but i dont really like it (no right click, save as project instead of ogg or wav. Tried Wavosaur too but it crash wen i trying to use the "edit with external editer" with OGG files
Leigh

Re: Editing questions

Post by Leigh »

Raidx wrote:I have a couple of questions about editing

1: Can i add effect only to a loop instead of the entire track??

2: God is it possible to crop something in this program... when i edit a wave, i cant crop it i am always stuck with the data i had before and after the part i want...

3: Is there any external free editor taht could give me those options ( the best i tried is Audition3 (Cooledit). I tried Audacity but i dont really like it (no right click, save as project instead of ogg or wav. Tried Wavosaur too but it crash wen i trying to use the "edit with external editer" with OGG files
To add an effect to a part of a track you can create a send track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92qV4NfTBlo

To finely crop a track set the Snap function to off in the toolbar. You can then zoom right into the track and crop it to taste.

I don't know about your last question.

Hope that helps.

Leigh.
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

the cropping in the track like you said... doesnt really crop your loop. If you go back to the sound tab at the bottom, the rest of the track is there (but transparent)

I want to crop/trim it so im only left with the selection i did... that way if i want to modify it again and dont like it, i can just reset the loop to my cropping and not to the entire first loop.

Thx for the Send track tip... exactly what i wanted
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Your welcome.
One out of three isn't bad.
wretched_aaron

Post by wretched_aaron »

Right click on your loop and select "merge to new clip". That should work.
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

wretched_aaron wrote:Right click on your loop and select "merge to new clip". That should work.
It worked... thx man

Good 2 out of 3... and now the third one is less important since i can do what i want now with the mixcraft editor
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

There is one thing i still cant do

lets say i highlight a part of my track/loop can i crop that part right away or do i need to work from the sound tab?

So yeah thats what i want to do in one step
1: highlight a part of my track
2: Crop it to selection and by doing this, get rid of the rest of the track i dont want

Is it possible??

I dont want to highlight then copy or cut then paste then delete the rest of the track... to many steps for nothing... why didnt you guys include a TRIM/CROP?? this is the basic of all basic tools
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

This can be simply accomplished in more than one way. The first would be to simply grab and drag either end to trim. The second would be to drag around the part you don't want, hilighting it, then press delete on your keyboard.
Oh and a third way is to right click on the object and choose split, then delete the piece you don't want.
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

I dont think you understand what i want to do... lets say i just want a part of my track right in the middle

In every Audio mixing program i know, when i highlight a part on a track i can right click and choose trim or crop and it get rid of everything except for my selection in one click

I cant do it here... i think it would be a great add-on that you could add to your program

Highlight a part of your track, right click, and choose TRIM.

I know i can achieve this by doing extra step but its too long for nothing (like i know i can highlight do a copy then do a paste then delete the original then merge to a new track for exemple or work in the sound tab at the bottom then merge to a new track. But i like it simple and thats to much extra step for nothing

Btw i love your program (for everything else than the missing TRIM/CROP quick key

If i missed something... plz tell me
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hmm, so you want to drag to select a section, hit a "trim" function which would leave only the selected section?
I have used a few daw apps and never saw or used such a thing, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I just never use it if it does.
I guess everyone has their preferred method of shortcutting :-)
I'll put this in as a request for Mixcraft 6 for you.
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

Hi Eric, thx for your input

I did a little video on what i want to do and to show you that all editing tools i know, have that crop option (that include Pro studio which i did not put in my video)

BTW, I still thing your program is amazing and you give the best user support i ever saw... so thx for that

but there... that is what i want to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCj_Wr9tzJ8

thx again