Not getting sound on Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ansomi07

Not getting sound on Mixcraft

Post by ansomi07 »

I'm having trouble getting to Mixcraft to capture a microphone. I can select it, when I go to arm the track that is, but when I go to record, no sound is captured. I've tried raising the gain in both the master and single input from my interface while hitting my snare, but haven't really done any twiddling in Mixcraft.

My interface (PreSonus Firestudio Project) has a light which blips blue on the snare input whenever I hit the drum, so I know the sound is getting to the interface.

Also, on the interface's program on my laptop, I am getting a response when I strike the snare, but just not in Mixcraft. How do I capture my snare in Mixcraft (I'm a newbie to audio production by the way).
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Do you have the FireStudio selected as your recording device in Mixcraft's preferences?
Do you have the latest drivers installed for it as well?
When you arm the track and click the little down arrow what are you selecting? Something like 'FireStudio'>Left channel/Right channel?
Windows 7 64-Bit
MC 5.2 Build 152
ansomi07

Post by ansomi07 »

Leigh wrote:Do you have the FireStudio selected as your recording device in Mixcraft's preferences?
Do you have the latest drivers installed for it as well?
When you arm the track and click the little down arrow what are you selecting? Something like 'FireStudio'>Left channel/Right channel?
Yes, it's selected in preferences. The lastest drivers are installed, and that's exactly how I arm a track. That's what it looks like.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

What driver do you have selected within peferences? asio, wav or wavrt? Try them all.
ansomi07

Re: re

Post by ansomi07 »

Acoustica Eric wrote:What driver do you have selected within peferences? asio, wav or wavrt? Try them all.
ASIO works. However! - I can't select my laptop speakers as my output device, so I can't listen to it, I have to switch it back to Wavrt. :/ know any solutions to that???