Mixcraft Input and Output Selection HELP!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ansomi07

Mixcraft Input and Output Selection HELP!

Post by ansomi07 »

Drivers

ASIO:

Can get proper input device selection (From Mixcraft), can get sound onto Mixcraft

Can't get proper output selection(won't let me play back through speakers!)

WaveRT:

Can't select the individual channels on my FireStudio Project (from Mixcraft). Channel simply called 'FS Project Microphone'. Mixcraft doesn't pick up any sound.

Can select speakers for output!

All I want is to be able to capture a sound and while playing to seperate tracks... anybody know how to solve this??
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Until someone who knows how to fix it comes along can you plug some headphones into your sound device and record/playback that way?
Select it as your recording and playback device.
It's a quick workaround.
Sorry I can't really help.
Windows 7 64-Bit
MC 5.2 Build 152
ansomi07

Post by ansomi07 »

Deleted.
Last edited by ansomi07 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ansomi07

Post by ansomi07 »

Leigh wrote:Until someone who knows how to fix it comes along can you plug some headphones into your sound device and record/playback that way?
Select it as your recording and playback device.
It's a quick workaround.
Sorry I can't really help.
I'm recording over tracks laid out by my guitarist, that he's sending to me. I need to hear a metronome at least.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

I must be missing something here as I only use headphones. I don't have monitors as of yet so everything, including MC's metronome plays back through my device which my headphones are plugged into.
You should be able to hear everything playing back through your device as well.
When your done recording this way select your speakers to playback for reference, mixing and mastering.
Windows 7 64-Bit
MC 5.2 Build 152
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

The ASIO driver is supplied by your FireStudio hardware, it drives input and output through that device only, this is why you cannot select your computers speakers (sound card) for playback while using the asio driver. You need to plug your speakers into the output of the FireStudio hardware.
ansomi07

Re: re

Post by ansomi07 »

Acoustica Eric wrote:The ASIO driver is supplied by your FireStudio hardware, it drives input and output through that device only, this is why you cannot select your computers speakers (sound card) for playback while using the asio driver. You need to plug your speakers into the output of the FireStudio hardware.
You mean connect the output to the input of my computer somehow? If so, what cable should I need?
ansomi07

Post by ansomi07 »

Leigh wrote:I must be missing something here as I only use headphones. I don't have monitors as of yet so everything, including MC's metronome plays back through my device which my headphones are plugged into.
You should be able to hear everything playing back through your device as well.
When your done recording this way select your speakers to playback for reference, mixing and mastering.
Ah, so I will be able to hear the metronome and the song while I am recording to it with my headphones on?
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Sure will.
That's how I record.
But plugging your speakers into your sound device will get you where you want to go as well.
Let us know how you go.
Windows 7 64-Bit
MC 5.2 Build 152
Leigh

Re: re

Post by Leigh »

ansomi07 wrote:You mean connect the output to the input of my computer somehow? If so, what cable should I need?
Scroll down to 'Sample Hookup Diagrams' on this page:
http://www.wikirecording.org/PreSonus_M ... tor_Source
Windows 7 64-Bit
MC 5.2 Build 152