More plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

twistedsister

More plugins

Post by twistedsister »

Hi Guys

As one who is relatively new to Mixcraft, and, in fact to any kind of computer generated music in general, I find myself in a bit of a dilemma.
With my tendency to run before I can walk, I recently purchased Requiem light, a sizeable, and somewhat complex choral VST for a project I had intended, in the purest optimism, to attempt.
The problem occurs however, when I find out I need something called Kontakt to load this program into, and I have no idea how to use Kontakt, or if Kontakt can be used with or integrated into Mixcraft 6.
If anyone could offer any advice, I would be most grateful

Acoustica Greg

Re: More plugins

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, lots of people use Kontakt in Mixcraft, you just load it as a virtual instrument plugin. Install the 32-bit version of its VST files into your VST folder and Mixcraft will load it the next time you start Mixcraft.

Greg
chibear

Post by chibear »

Here's what you're looking for: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... kontakt-5/

A couple times a year they have a 50% off sale.

Prepare yourself for a fairly steep learning curve.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
twistedsister

Post by twistedsister »

Many thanks guys, appreciate the advice. It all looks very complicated, and as I may frequently be back asking more stupid questions. I'll apologise in advance :-)

Thanks again!