AIR plugin not showing up in MC

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dung_beetle

Re: AIR plugin not showing up in MC

Post by dung_beetle »

Yes, I like its sound quality, especially of real instruments. And it is not overloaded with features, unlike like the M1.

Hm, yes, my Windows is in German. But doesn't Windows work the same inside no matter which language?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Actually, let's back up. I just looked the line from your log file again. It has the word "ignored" at the end. Click on the File menu, select Manage Plug-Ins and look at the list of Disabled or Unable to Load plugins. Xpand with an exclamation point probably got added to one of those lists.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

Just checked, and indeed, it was on that 'unable to load' list No idea why.
There was another plugin on that list which I remember using before. Maybe it crashed for some reason and was put on that list. I noticed that the activation nag screen gets loaded very early on, so maybe it crashed the plugin the first time I loaded it, and I did not even notice it crashed.
Anyway, it works now :D Thanks a lot for your tip, didn't know there was such a list...
But shouldn't MC try to load such plugins again the next time it is launched? I mean, plugins do crash occasionally, but that doesn't mean they should remain on a kind of black list :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We felt it was better to stop trying to load them. Some plug-ins are extremely buggy. With Mixcraft 6 there were cases where people couldn't even open Mixcraft and of course they tended to blame Mixcraft rather than the troublesome plugin.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
kiran

Post by kiran »

Hi I am on win 10 and Airplugin Xpand shows in the list no problem but there is some problem with multi timbral setting.
I appreciate software makers.
I would like to see them on this site.Show us photos for real appreciation.