What the hell

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

johnw

What the hell

Post by johnw »

Opening a file today the piece played in a higher key, out of tune, and much faster than it's supposed to. I Opened several songs and all suffere from this. Files from my backup disk did also. However, a media MP3 file played normally. So the problem is MC.

Any insights. I use MC 9, under WIN 10, which had recently updated. I restarted the computer, same thing occurred. This problem is a new one on me. Any help appreciated.
jlouvar

Re: What the hell

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, are you running 64-bit, build 458?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
liberaltugboat

Post by liberaltugboat »

Check your Audio settings. Your sample rate needs to match the sample rate of the original project.
outteh

Post by outteh »

I have the same issue! It appears to be a Win 10 issue. See if your windows playback settings match your audio interface settings,i.e. 41,000/16 bit! :D

Installing KB4535996 has resulted in reports of broken audio in Windows 10 too:

“Thanks to the recent update I no longer have any sound on my computer, I’ve tried everything and nothing will fix it besides rolling the update back, point is shouldn't have to. Microsoft needs to get their **** together.” - source

“The latest Microsoft update has caused my audio to stop working.” - source

“I updated on the 1st March I have nothing but troubles now intermittent shutting down sound issues video issues I cannot uninstall this even after a reset” - source
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Oh no, I hope mine isn’t screwed up too. I’m on my iPad and eating breakfast right now, then I’m cleaning and changing the water in my hot tub... After that I’ll check the computer.
- Joe -

johnw

Post by johnw »

Thanks to all responders. I am on 64, but the audio setting may be messed up, due to my trying out online jamming programs--Jamulus and Jammr. I will delete these programs and see the results. Will post here--in case anyone is thinking of trying this "technology". I am wondering is another person on the Jamulus server could change my files? Will post later. I will also try to roll back WIN 10 update, tho the MS a.h.s make that rather hard. Thanks again!
johnw

Post by johnw »

Hi MC Friends,
This problem is resolved by restoring sample rates to default values, as suggested by forum member liberaltugboat. The upheaval occurred when I tried to get an online jam program, Jamkazam, to work by resetting ASIO values. The problem did not occur because of WIN 10 updates, tho the OS updated a few days ago. Thanks for your help.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hot tub cleaned, filled and getting hot again... Oh and my computer (windows 10) is still working perfect too. :D 8)
- Joe -

Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Having set up, broken down and set up all kinds of audio and video stuff recently I've noticed that my system will only put up with so many crazy adjustments between asio and wav for Windows and different audio/video sources before giving me problems. A good reboot and starting fresh usually does it.

M