Timing Issues

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rvkitch

Timing Issues

Post by rvkitch »

Hello All,
I have 7 or 8 Midi tracks and 1 Audio track in my project. Using MC9 Pro and Windows 10. For some reason when I play my song back from the start
in the track view, about half of the time the drums will come in early, usually around a 1/2 to 1 full measure early and not at all in time with the song. So if I click on the drum track to bring it up in the piano roll, without editing anything, the drums will come in perfectly. But as soon as I click on another track ( guitar or bass) to edit them, then the drum track gets off timing again. I've tried adding time to the front of the drum track thinking that might help, I've moved the drum track totally out of the way to make sure there were no hidden hits underneath it. I'm using the free MT power drums but have used it in other songs with no issues. Also if I start the song from just a few grid points from the starting point, it always starts just fine. One last note: yesterday I moved all of the tracks back a couple of measures for the main song to start so I could add an intro part before the main song starts.
Thanks Much!
TrevsAudio

Re: Timing Issues

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi!

First thing I'd check, if you click the drum clip and then open the sound tab, is the 'Use Project Tempo' selected?

You can also check that everything is in sync by using Ctrl A to select all clips in the project and setting them to use project tempo.

Hope this helps.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 8 gig RAM; Mixcraft 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro Studio; Win 11 Pro

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
rvkitch

Post by rvkitch »

Thank You Trevor,
Yes, I went to the sound tab on every track to verify the "use project tempo" was selected and that all tracks showed the same BPM. I also found last night after posting this issue, that if I remove all of the "Time" from the front of the drum track then the problem goes away. I usually like starting the tracks all on the same grid line then wait 2 or 3 measures before recording or inserting notes.
Thanks Much!
rvkitch

Post by rvkitch »

Hi Again,
Well it seems that I've resolved the issue but not exactly sure how. After moving all the tracks to the 4th measure, I then went to the start "0 measure" and right clicked to add instrument clips until they reached the 4th measure then I just merged them all together. The only thing I did different this time is starting at 0. I'm sure there's a better way to do this but it seems to be working.
Thanks