Only wav in PCM 32 when record audio track ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Fadiese

Only wav in PCM 32 when record audio track ?

Post by Fadiese »

Hi,

when i record an audio track, the result is in a wav file with a PCM signed 32bit (2822kbps)... Is it possible modify this parameter ? (i prefer 16bit 1411kbps).

Thx
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hi, go into file>preferences and to the "sound devices" section. Set your specific sound card there and also the sample rate and bit depth.
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

Re,

well but i use asio option (with an M-Audio Delta 44) and no option for this params in M-Audio panel...
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I will have to wait til I can get to my studio in order to check my m-audio settings, but have you tried the m-audio control panel? It should be running in your system tray when you boot the pc.
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

Yes, i'll tried via m-audio control panel but there are nothing for change the LPCM, only the sample rate and buffer size.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hmm, it is difficult for me right now, I have a laptop only, no asio no anything.
I will check this post later tonight and see if it is resolved, if not I will look up my m-audio settings.
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

Ok, i see on the forum tomorrow, thx.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Ok, I played with a delta44 and you are right, the only thing you can change is the sample rate from within the m-audio control panel. I set it to 44,100 which is the norm for me. I normally use the Delta 1010LT but I am sure the control panel is similar if not the same one.
Is recording with these settings slowing your computer down?
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

No slowing but some plugins require 16bit format like Voco2 (http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/vocov.html).

So, after recording in Mixcraft, i use external editor for convert the wav file. Just a little tiresome, not critical.

Thx for all

All my Mixcraft made musics are here
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

well this seems to be an m-audio limitation rather than a Mixcraft limitation. Mixcraft displays what the card will do. You might want to contact m-audio support and ask if there is a way to switch it to 16 bit.