M-Audio Audiphile 2496 & Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Bellzemos

M-Audio Audiphile 2496 & Mixcraft

Post by Bellzemos »

I have M-Audio Audiphile 2496 soundcard on a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3 GHz with 1 GB RAM system with Windows XP and Mixcraft 4. What latency settings should I use?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Use the lowest latency setting that doesn't give you skipping or gapping when the audio plays back or during recording. The number will vary from computer to computer, depending on lots of different factors.

Greg
Bellzemos

Post by Bellzemos »

The lowest latency setting in my case would be 64, right? That one makes noise, I'll try with 128. Thank you! :)
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

Hi,

i've this card,

first, i recommend you to download the lastest drivers (5.10.0.5069) on MAudio site, you can also install ASIO4ALL at same time.

I use the 44100/512 for standard mix but when i've many tracks with big vsti, i use 1024 samples (with ASIO4ALL, 768 is a good one for me).

Fadiese
Bellzemos

Post by Bellzemos »

Hi!

I already have the latest M-Audio drivers for my system.

I don't know anyting about ASIO4ALL, do I really need it?

I use 44100/256 for everything, but I very often hear an annoying noise when I used more than one track in Mixcraft. I also hear that noise in BS Player when I'm skipping frames.

So, if you're using higher value of samples than me, should I raise that number too? I thought it had to be as low as possible... :roll:

Thank you for your help! :)
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

look at http://www.asio4all.com, you can install and test it;

you hear noise with Video Player is strange, have you an int├®grate video card on MB ?... If yes, disable video acceleration for test, like this :

(don't forget to restart XP)
Bellzemos

Post by Bellzemos »

Thank you, I will try this.

But here is one new big problem. :(

I spent quite some time making this drum track, using EZDrummer + Mixcraft, and here is what it came out:
https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? ... a5bd3eb0cf

How the heck can I get rid of these noises/silences/interferences? Please, help me!
Fadiese

Post by Fadiese »

1) sorry for my bad english, but : i'm French... :wink:

2) verify the MAudio drivers, it's not the lastest on your screen view.

3) i have 2 pc : one for office/internet... and one for music n video edition with minimum services enabled, more Ram, etc...

4) check "chase unfinished notes" on Mixcraft parameters.

5) Ezdrummer is a very powered vsti, but your cpu may be too sollicited ?
report me (see with your Task Manager)

6) but before all, test ASIO4ALL.

I hope help you.
Bellzemos

Post by Bellzemos »

1) I know you are french from your system screen-shot. ;) Thank you for helping me. :)

2) I have the latest available M-audio driver for my system (WinXP SP2).

3) I have only one PC for everything. :(

4) I checked "chase unfinished notes" on Mixcraft parameters, it's the same, the inteferences are still here.

5) I have 3GHz Pentium & 1 GB RAM.

6) But why do I need ASIO4ALL, I'm already using ASIO with Mixcraft & my M-Audio soundcard.

Can someone from the Acoustica team hear my recording and tell me what should I do please?

Thank you.

Edit: Is it possible to save that drum recording some other way, without clicks/noise...? I don't want to lose my work. :(
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What is your ASIO latency setting? Did you try increasing it?

Greg
Bellzemos

Post by Bellzemos »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

What is your ASIO latency setting? Did you try increasing it?

Greg
I tried incrasing and decrasing it (from 128 to 1024 samples).

When I play that drum selection in Mixcraft the noise is quite rare, but when I mix it down ot WAV or MP3 it's like on that link up there - useless. :( What can I do?

Edit: Now I tried even more latency options, unfortunately all with the same result. But if I save a guitar section (audio) it's OK. Only the EZDrummer seems to have the problem, no matter how small section I try to save to WAV. There seem to be a big problem especially with the cymbals. Can you help me?
Bellzemos

Post by Bellzemos »

I did some more researching and it seems that the problem is here:

Here, where the drum clips/samples are separated - it seems that at the end of each part the drums/cymbals are being silenced or something like that (listen to the clip I uploaded before in this thread).

Please people, help me with this!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you zoom in, is there a big gap between the sound clips? Do those correspond to the dropouts?

Greg
Bellzemos

Post by Bellzemos »

No, there are almost no gaps at all, it's just the fact that the clips are separated. Is it possible to "glue" them all together, so that they would appear in one long piano roll line - like whole song, all the clips in one big clip. Is that possible? I think that this could maybe save my situation...
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi,

Before we go further with this, can you please verify that you are using the latest build of Mixcraft 4? That's build 118. You can download it here if you don't have it:

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/download.htm

If you're using b118 and you're having this problem, please send us your /mx4 project file via a customer support request.

Thanks,
Dan